Homecoming | Sherlock Holmes

Prompts #6, #12, #14, and #15
Requested by @softtophardshoulder

I don't know if Homecoming is a thing in England but I had an idea so here this is welcome to teenlock

Thanks to @littlekawaiibunny21 and @mrsracetrackhiggins for all the votes!

Summary: You're Sherlock's best friend; you've known each other since you were little and you're one of the only people who "tolerate" him. And, despite his best efforts, he's developed a crush on you. So, he talks to John.

QOTP: Homecoming or Formal?

Word Count: 2739

"If you buy Pennsylvania Avenue we can stop John from owning all the green ones," you say to Sherlock quietly, eyeing John from across the board.

"But I need to buy St. James Place so I can have all the orange ones," he replies, leaning toward you so John won't hear.

"You can't team up in Monopoly," John suddenly complains, finishing his turn. Mary chuckles under her breath, but doesn't come to her boyfriend's defense.

"We're not teaming up," Sherlock replies mock-innocently.

"You've been teaming up the whole game," John says. "That's why I'm so close to losing." He looks at you pointedly; the only thing keeping him from last place is you.

Mary finishes her turn, then Sherlock goes.

And buys St. James Place.

You gasp, looking at him incredulously. "I trusted you. And you threw it away."

Mary and John both start laughing as Sherlock looks over at you. "Don't worry; I have a plan."

"It better be a good one."

////

Turns out, the plan was to win and leave everyone else - including you - in the dust. You've been ignoring him since.

"It's just a game, Y/N," he says. You're still in your living room, the game now put away. John and Mary [husband and wife] are raiding your kitchen while you stretch out on a couch and Sherlock decides to stay on the floor. He looks up at you. "Are you really that mad at me?"

"Yes," you mumble, turning away from him. "You manipulated me."

"It was just a game-"

"But you lied."

He sits for a moment, thinking. Despite what he says, he actually cares that he's upset you. Actually, he cares about you a lot - a fact he's been keeping secret for about a year now. "What do you want me to do?" he asks. "What would make you forgive me?"

"Buy me a kitten," you automatically deadpan.

"I can't just buy you a kitten, Y/N; your parents would kill me," he says.

"I was joking, Sherlock," you reply monotonously.

He thinks for a second, trying to figure out what to do. He has to fix this. Then, he sighs. "I'm... sorry I lied to you."

You turn back toward him and look at his expression to make sure he's being sincere; he never apologizes for anything. Yes, it's typically implied when necessary, but he never actually says it. You smile a little, looking at his mess of brown curls and pleading blue eyes. "I forgive you."

"That's all it took?" he asks, watching you hop up and head to the kitchen.

"Pretty much," you reply. John reenters the living room with a bag of chips in his hands. You and Mary stay in the kitchen, hunting for microwavable popcorn.