Preference: Christmas Eve | Marvel

Week three of the Christmas theme!

Summary: How you spend Christmas Eve.

QOTP: How do you spend Christmas Eve?

Word Count: 1924

Bruce -
The entire day, you were practically jumping up and down with excitement.

"CHRISTMAS IS TOMORROW!"

"I know, Y/N."

"You should put on some red shorts and turn into the other guy, and then you'd be Christmas colors-"

"Uh huh."

He's in the lab, and you're sitting with him, so excited about Christmas that you can barely stand it. He sighs. "Y/N, sweetheart, I love you. I really do. But if you're gonna be in here, you gotta calm down. Or at least help me."

You smile and nod, ready to get science-y.

And that's what you did all day.

"What is this for?" you ask.

He's very concentrated on measuring something. "Top secret."

"That's dumb."

"That's how it is, dear."

There's a pause, he finishes measuring, and you grin. "Do you know what it is, Bruce?"

"What?" he asks, grabbing some equipment.

"IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS."

Bucky -
"JAMES BUCHANAN BARNES, GET YOUR ICY BUTT IN THIS LIVING ROOM STAT!"

He calmly walks in, clad in his pajamas, and sighs. "Where's the bug that I need to 'kill with fire'?"

"Nowhere. You, sir, are going to watch Christmas movies with me."

"I don't get a choice?"

"No. You have a lot of catching up to do."

You sit down on the couch, two mugs of hot chocolate already on the coffee table. He sits down next to you. "What're we watching?"

"Elf."

About thirty minutes into it, he declares it his favorite Christmas movie ever made. And so begins your Christmas Eve tradition.

Clint -
You spend Christmas Eve on the farm. That morning, you slept in and ate some pancakes, then ventured outside, built a snowman, and had quite the snowball war. Now, you're back inside, cuddling by the fireplace, silently observing your well-decorated Christmas tree and okay-ishly wrapped presents under it.

"Merry Christmas," Clint whispers.

You smile, then kiss his cheek. "Merry Christmas."

Loki -
"I don't understand," he says. You've been trying to teach him about Christmas and - better yet - get him in the Christmas spirit.

"Okay, so, we celebrate Christmas as Jesus's birthday even though He wasn't actually born today."

"Then why not celebrate it when He was actually born?"