My Bad | Jack Kline

Minor season thirteen spoilers.

Summary: You meet the Winchesters on a hunt, then you meet Jack...

QOTP: Do you like Jack?

Word Count: 4450

"You look a little young to be an FBI agent," the taller man in front of you says. He's got long, brown hair, scruff, and questioning brown eyes. His partner is a few inches shorter, also with scruff, but with shorter hair and apple-green eyes.

You cross your arms. "And you look a little old."

You're twenty five, which is pretty young, especially compared to them. They're right, too; you're not an FBI agent. You're a hunter. You just said the first thing you could think of.

The shorter one cocks an eyebrow. "You're not an FBI agent, are you?"

You flash your badge. "What does this look like?"

They flash their own badges, the shorter one speaking again. "Exactly like these. Fakes."

It takes you a second. "Hold on... you're not real FBI agents?"

The taller one shakes his head as they pocket their badges. "Nope."

"Then, what are you?" you ask suspiciously.

The shorter one is just as suspicious. "What are you?"

You cross your arms. "I asked you first."

There's a pause, and then the taller one relents. "Hunters."

You smile a little. "Me, too. Now that that's cleared up, you boys can hop in your fancy car and head off; I've got this covered."

"No," the shorter one says, looking at you incredulously. "This is our case."

"I was here first!" you argue.

"So? You're, like, twelve. Let the pros handle it."

"I've been hunting since I was a kid. I can handle it."

"So can we. And we're older than-"

The taller one holds his hands up, silencing you both. He sends the shorter one a look. "How about we work the case together?"

"It's my case-"

"Okay," he says placatingly. "It's your case. Let us help you."

You think for a second. Hunting alone sucks, and not just because it's more dangerous. And, anyway, it's only for one hunt. You sigh. "Fine. I'm Y/N, by the way. In case you were wondering."

////

You posed as their trainee when talking to the cops and the victims' friends and families.

They also payed for your room at their motel; they found out after the first night that you were sleeping in your car. You didn't wanna spend too much money - which you had a short supply of - on stuff you could go without.