That's Exactly What I'm Saying | Luke Alvez

Idoot helped DJ_Tatortot

Summary: You start to talk to the new guy, Luke Alvez...

QOTP: Spencer and JJ or Will and JJ?

Word Count: 1589

At first, you didn't like Luke Alvez.

You and Derek joined the team at the same time, and you'd been like siblings for years. Then, Luke took his spot - his desk, which was right across from yours. You were upset; no one could replace Derek.

After a week or so, you realized he wasn't trying to.

"Hey," he'd smiled, sitting down at his new desk. You'd given him the cold shoulder since he joined, and he noticed.

He noticed you in general, but he figured it'd be best to take it one step at a time.

You looked up at him and decided not to be rude. "Hey."

"We got a case today?" he asked conversationally.

You didn't look at him, typing on your computer. You finished your paperwork, so you were going to play Snake, but he didn't need to know that. "Not that I've heard."

He nodded and went quiet, getting on his own computer, seeing as he did have paperwork. Ten minutes later, he glanced up at you.

You were chewing your lip in concentration and had one hand on the keyboard, the other resting under your chin. The hand on the keyboard didn't move much - only to hit one key every few seconds. One of the arrow keys.

Luke Alvez hadn't been a profiler for long, but he certainly was good at it. "Are you playing Snake?"

You jumped and glanced up, still focused on your game. You fought off a smile. "Yeah."

Conversely, he was grinning. "You know, I made it to one hundred apples once."

You looked up then, letting your snake - with a whopping score of seven apples - die. "You're lying."

He held his hands up. "I'm not. Promise."

"Prove it."

"Right now?"

"Sure. Unless you're scared?"

He smirks, trying to keep from breaking into a full smile to keep up the trash talk vibe you're throwing at him. "Alright. Let's make this interesting, then. We'll start at the same time - whoever makes it to one hundred first wins."

"You're on."

He pulled up Snake, and, to avoid cheating, you had Tara watch your screen and Spencer watch his. They counted to three and you started, both determined to beat the other.

You died at twenty, then fifty, then five.

Luke died at fifty, then ten, then thirty.

Finally, you were at eighty, and Luke was at sixty.

"Y/N is close," Tara said.

"How close?" Luke asked.

You scoffed. "Just play your game, nosy. You don't need to know."

Spencer creeped over and looked. "She's at eighty eight."

"Cheater!" you shouted.

Tara went and looked at Luke's screen. "Seventy two."

"Prepare to eat my dust, Alvez!"

"What are you guys doing?" It was Emily, come down from her office to see what was going on. Spencer and Tara looked like deer in headlights, meanwhile you and Luke didn't look away from your screens.