Preference: Protective | Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Requested by @Killer_Elite_SquadX

Summary: How protective they are of you.

QOTP: Regular sword or scissor sword?

Word Count: 1263

Cross -
Due to the life you live, you often get into bad situations, especially with other people. And, when that happens, Cross is quick to stand in front of you.

One night, he and the others decided to destroy some guy's car. The guy caught them in the act, and, instead of calling the police, he and the two other guys with him decided to fight you.

Cross stepped in front of you immediately, gently pushing you back. His eyes darted back and forth between the three guys.

Vogel shouted - a battle cry - and ran at the guys, catching them off guard. He had one of them on the ground by the time the two others had started to lash out.

Martin threw and received a punch to the face. Gripps did more kicking than anything. Vogel and the guy on the ground were a blur of limbs. Meanwhile, Cross was hanging back, protecting you.

From what, you weren't sure, and you told him so. He glanced back at you, then looked back to the fight, knowing you were right but not wanting to risk you getting hurt.

Eventually, he joined the fight, and, after a minute or so, they fed on the guys' energy and hopped into the van.

You and the other guys teased him for hanging back so long.

Dirk -
You're Dirk's partner in crime - well, partner in solving crime. And you often run into some form of danger; it's inevitable.

He doesn't necessarily shield you from the danger, but you're his primary concern.

For instance, that one time you had to fight a seven foot tall iguana on Cinco de Mayo.

You both fought, watching out for each other the entire time.

It's always like that - looking out for each other, usually more than you look out for yourselves.

There was a moment when you thought the iguana was gonna kill you, but Dirk distracted it. That only made you more concerned because it started coming for him.

A well aimed gunshot from you took the creature down. Immediately, you both made sure the other wasn't hurt.

"You good?"

"Physically, yes. Emotionally, no."

Gripps -
You're not much of a fighter. You don't enjoy beating the crap out things and/or people. You're not an energy vampire. And that's fine.

Conversely, Gripps, your boyfriend, and the rest of the Rowdy 3 like to fight and are energy vampires.

So, fights occur often.

You're Gripps' primary concern whenever a fight breaks out. The first thing he does is make sure you're safe.

Like that one time a group of angry people who had just had their cars vandalized decide to fight the Rowdy 3. Because they were the ones that vandalized their cars.

Gripps, holding a baseball bat, turned toward you. "Get in the van."

"Gripps-"

"Just to be safe."

So, you got in the van. You heard a multitude of noises; grunting, banging, thuds, a scream. Then, it went quiet, and the Rowdy 3 hopped in the van and started driving off.