Preference: Love Songs | Multiple Fandoms

Criminal Minds
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
Harry Potter
Supernatural

Summary: What you do on Valentine's Day based on a love song.

QOTP: What's your favorite love song?

Word Count: 4809

Criminal Minds

Morgan: Love Song - Pippin (musical)
Sitting on the floor, talking till dawn, lowering old defenses. Singing a love song.

Derek has been halfway across the country since the beginning of the week, and he doesn't get home until about midnight - the day after Valentine's day.

As soon as he gets home, equipped with candy and flowers, you light candles in the living room and just sit and eat candy and talk.

The conversation gets serious sometimes; Derek talking about the cases he can't stop thinking about, you telling him about how worried you get every time he leaves.

Private little jokes, silly pet names. All of the cliches, all of the games. All of the strange emotions. Singing a love song.

But it's mostly lighthearted; telling stupid jokes, talking about the times before you started dating when Garcia would stop at nothing to get you two together.

It made you remember why you fell in love with him, and him why he fell in love with you.

They say the whole is greater than the sum of the parts it's made of. If it's true of anything, it's true of love. Taken by themselves, they don't mean much. Together they send you reeling into a love song.

You don't know where you'd be without each other. You're exhausted and in love and as giggly as you've ever been, and you wouldn't want to spend this moment with anybody else.

Alvez: I Want Crazy - Hunter Hayes
I'm booking myself a one way flight; I gotta see the color in your eyes. Telling myself I'm gonna be alright - without you is a waste of time.

Your relationship is sort of long distance; you live just outside of D.C. and Luke's always off on a case. Sometimes you don't see each other for weeks at a time.

This is one of those times.

Luke is frantic, trying to make the jet go faster with sheer willpower. Emily and JJ are trying to get him to calm down, telling him you won't be mad, while Rossi silently and almost imperceptibly shakes his head in the corner. Spencer just looks on, clueless.

It's Valentine's Day and he's miles away.

You can't undo a fall like this; love don't know what distance is.

You make this whole long distance thing work, but sometimes it's hard going so long without seeing each other. And the fact that he could get called in at any time doesn't make the times you're together much easier.

But neither of you wouldn't trade this for the world.

Who cares if you're all I think about? I've searched the world and I know now, it ain't right if you ain't lost your mind. I don't want easy, I want crazy.

From Quantico, Luke drives straight to your house, making one stop on the way.

When he gets there, you're half asleep, but you wake up quick when you see him standing there with Chinese takeout and a smile on his face.