Preference: Amusement Park | Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Requested by @MysterySaviour

TWENTY ONE PILOTS DID A THING TODAY AHHH

Summary: You go to an amusement park.

QOTP: Season one or season two?

Word Count: 723

Cross -
He's tired and uninterested. I mean, he's interested in destroying everything, but that's about it.

"This would be a lot more fun if you'd just lighten up and ride a rollercoaster," you say.

He sighs. "I can't lighten up; we've been walking all day and it's hot and I'm hungry."

"Then let's go eat."

You went into a sit down restaurant (with AC) and ate, and you figured he'd be happier because you just killed three birds with one stone.

Sadly, you were wrong.

"I wanna take a nap."

"Okay, fine, we're going home."

Dirk -
"Nothing strange is happening and it's weird," he says. You're holding hands, eating cotton candy, and walking around. It's nice.

"Just enjoy it for now," you reply. "You'll probably run into a talking horse in about an hour."

He sighs. "Yeah, you're probably right."

An hour later, after riding an intense rollercoaster, you sit down on a bench to take a break. Next to you is a parked horse-drawn cart, there to take you around the park for probably $50 per person.

Dirk looks at the horse, and to his surprise, the horse looks back at him. "Got anything to eat? I'm starving."

Dirk's eyes go wide, then, suddenly, he's being pulled off the bench and far away from the talking horse,

"That didn't happen," you say, pulling him to the other side of the park.

"But-"

"That didn't happen."

Gripps -
He's perfectly content to do whatever you want. A rollercoaster with five consecutive loops in it? Alright. One of those towers that takes you up fifty feet and then drops you? Sure. The tea cup ride? Okay; he'll even spin the cup as fast as humanly possible, if you want.

"You hungry?" you ask, seeing a food stand up ahead.

He shrugs. "Sure."

You get your food and sit down on a bench to eat it, enjoying the fact that you're taking a break from walking. Once you're both done, you turn to him. "What do you wanna do now?"

"Doesn't matter," he says, shrugging again.

"Gripps."

"What?" You give him a pointed look, so he starts thinking. What does he want to do? "... Can we go home now?"

"I would love that."

Martin -
It's been a mixture of riding huge rides and eating the entire day. With a lot of walking mixed in.

"My feet hurt," you say off-handedly.

Martin glances over at you. "Walk it off."

You snort. "I think walking is the reason they hurt."

"Want me to carry you?"

You stop, brows raised. "Wait, really?"

He shrugs. "Yeah."

You grin and get on his back, piggy-back style. Then, he starts walking again, oblivious to the looks you're getting from other people.

Some think it's weird, others think it's adorable.

Either way, you don't have to walk, so you don't care.

Todd -
"It's not that scary," you say to Todd, waiting in line to ride a rollercoaster.

He looks at you incredulously. "Are you kidding?"

You see a girl, who's probably around ten in front of you. "Todd, that little girl isn't even batting an eye, and you, a grown man, are freaking out."

"Well, that little girl's insane."

"Oh, my gosh, Todd." When you get to the front of the line, he's still freaking out. You look at him, cocking an eyebrow. "Do you need to hold my hand?"

"Yes," he replies quietly.

He did, and he was freaking out the entire time.

Vogel -
You feel like a mother of seven trying to keep up with all of your children.

But he's the only one you have to keep up with.

"Vogel! Slow down!" you shout for the umpteenth time. He stops and impatiently waits for you, then takes off again as soon as you reach him. You sigh. "Vogel!"

And then the cycle repeats all over again.

"Can we get cotton candy?" he asks.

You shudder at the thought. "You don't need sugar; you're hyper enough as it is."

"Fine."

And you don't even wanna know how bad it is when you have to wait in line.

You've never felt more relief than when he said he's ready to go home.