Preference: Laughter | Harry Potter

NEWT'S IS THE CUTEST THING THAT I'VE EVER WRITTEN.

Summary: Instances involving your boyfriend where laughter is involved.

QOTP: What's your favorite dad joke?

Word Count: 1398

Draco -
You and Draco had agreed to meet near the lake after class, and when he arrives, he finds you dying laughing.

"Y/N? Is that- What are you laughing at?" he asks, chuckling. You just look over at him, tears in your eyes. No sound is coming out of your mouth, and you can't answer him.

Eventually, you calm down enough to answer. "Y/F- Y/F/N said that in first year you looked like-like Dracula."

"What?" he asks, slightly amused.

You start laughing again, but explain. "And-And then I called you Dracola and I couldn't stop laughing."

He wants to be offended but he can't.

"You are such a dork," he says.

You laugh harder. "Dorkula."

"It's not even that funny."

"But you in first year was!"

"We don't talk about first year."

Fred -
George told you a joke that morning and you haven't been able to stop laughing since. And, while Fred thought your laugh was adorable, he was getting a bit jealous.

"What's wrong?" you ask after noticing a slight pout on his face. He shrugs and looks down. You try to figure out what it is he's so upset about, then realize.

"Are you upset about that joke?" you ask. You couldn't imagine why, besides the fact that you've been laughing all day. It wasn't about Fred.

He shrugs again and you know you've guessed right.

"Why in the world are you upset about that?" you ask.

Fred hesitates. "You've never found any of my jokes that funny."

"Of course I have!"

"You've been laughing all day!"

"So? Your jokes aren't why I'm with you, Fred. And if you're so upset about it, how about you think of a funnier one instead of moping."

He smiles and gives you a quick kiss. "Will do."

George -
You told a joke this morning that made Fred and George laugh, and you have never been prouder.

"It was just a joke," George says, smiling at your excited expression.

You shake your head, "I made the ultimate jokesters laugh! That's, like, the highest accomplishment!"

"Love, you have better things to be proud of. For instance, your grades. You're one of the best Chasers on the Quidditch team. You once sassed Snape and didn't get detention."

"Yeah, but I made you laugh!"

He laughs again at how proud you are of yourself.