The Paper Magician | Spencer Reid

I had a little idea and I had to write it down. This is based on The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg, which I am completely obsessed with.

Idoot helped DJ_Tatortot

Summary: Spencer Reid starts dating his new neighbor - you. But you have a secret that you know he'd never believe...

QOTP: Have you read The Paper Magician?

Word Count: 2665

The first time Spencer was in your apartment was when you first moved in. He helped you carry a bookshelf up the stairs and inside. It was a nice apartment - similar to his, in some ways. Besides the bareness of the walls and tables, it looked pretty normal.

"I never knew what the inside of this apartment looked like," he'd said. "It's nice."

You chuckled. "What, you never made friends with your old neighbor?"

"No, not really." He shrugged. "I don't think he liked me very much."

"Why?" you asked, eyes shining with amusement. "All those crazy weekend parties you throw?"

"How'd you know about those?" he replied jokingly.

"I have my ways."

Am I flirting with him? you'd thought. I think I am...

"What are your ways?" he asked mock-suspiciously.

Is he flirting with me? Man, I hope so.

The next time he entered your apartment was a week or so later when he helped you carry in your impressive loot from Home Goods.

That time, it wasn't so normal looking.

The room was full of paper. Specifically, origami.

Big, colorful paper stars hung on the wall; multicolored, intricately and tightly woven paper chains for curtains; paper flowers in a glass vase on the dining table; little paper animals set in various places about the room. And that wasn't even half of it.

"You can just set that-" you stopped, turning around to find Spencer looking about the room with his mouth hanging open.

Okay, Y/N, play it cool.

"Oh, right," you said. "Yeah, I like origami."

"This is..." he trailed off, trying to figure out the specific folds in one of your paper chains.

"Weird?" you suggested.

He shook his head. "Awesome."

He hadn't even seen your office yet, which was a whole different story.

He thought it was cool; you had an interesting hobby that you made a few bucks off of (selling paper creations to people for cheap - mainly for decoration). What he didn't know was where you learned how to fold all that. Or exactly what those paper creations could do.

What he did know was that he liked you, and Prentiss told him to go for it. So, he asked you out for coffee, and you said yes.

Then, you went to dinner. And many dates after that. One thing led to another, and here you are, dating for almost a year now.

And he still has no idea.

You want to tell him, but you can't. Not only because of the huge repercussions that could come out of it, but also because he might not want to be with you after you tell him.