Date Her, Coward | Tyler Joseph

Prompt #38
Requested by @Phanic_AtTheDisc-*** (I'm sorry I consider that a bad word 😂)

Idoot helped DJ_Tatortot

Summary: You and Tyler have been friends for years, and you've unfortunately developed a crush on him.

QOTP: Do you like Cheerios?

Word Count: 1746

Tyler Joseph.

Your best friend since high school.

You listened to No Phun Intended when he first wrote it. You're featured in some videos on the Slushie Guys channel. You listened to Twenty One Pilots and Regional at Best before they were even released. You were there for the car radio incident, and you were sitting in the audience during all the skits and singing he did at church. There are lyrics in his songs that are about and/or based on you.

You're very close, and you've known each other for a long time. And when you look back on all your memories together, you find it hard to pinpoint exactly when you fell in love with him. What you do know, however, is that you've loved him a long time.

Sure, you've had one or two boyfriends along the way, but they never lasted. No matter how hard you try to get over Tyler Joseph, you can't.

It's not that he's unavailable or anything; he's single, and has been for some time (much like yourself). You just don't want to ruin this over-a-decade-long friendship. So, it's better to keep it all inside than run that risk.

It really does suck sometimes, though.

The worst is when you see posts about fans shipping you and Tyler together; you want to comment that you ship you and Tyler, too, but, of course, you don't. You can't.

So, here you sit, watching Tyler and Josh attempt to throw Cheerios in each other's mouths from across the tour bus "living room" and pretending you're not in love with one of the idiots standing before you.

You decide to go live on Instagram so the fans can also bear witness to this tomfoolery.

Tyler (finally) catches a Cheerio in his mouth, then looks at you with a triumphant grin on his face and his fists in the air. "Did you see that?!"

"Yes, Ty, I saw it," you reply, amused. You look at the comments and find a few saying how cute it was that Tyler immediately made sure you were watching after he accomplished such a "feat". Others just commented about Tyler's cuteness in general, which you could definitely agree with. You chuckle. "People think you're cute, Ty."

He puts his hands under his chin. "That's 'cause I am."

"Throw a Cheerio, man," Josh says. You turn the camera to Josh, who's prepared to try to catch another Cheerio.

"Are you really that bored that you're doing this right now?" you ask. Tyler throws a Cheerio and Josh goes for it, but misses.

"Yeah, pretty much," he replies, picking up the Cheerio and tossing it in the trash.

"We should start doing this on stage," Tyler says. "Like in the middle of the show, we just stop playing songs and start tossin' Cheerios."

You snort. "You know, judging from these comments, I honestly think they'd be perfectly fine with that."

"Sick."

////

They eventually stop throwing Cheerios at each other and decide to sit down and bury themselves in their phones like civilized people instead. You don't know what Josh is doing, but Tyler is scrolling through fan accounts.