Underoos | Peter Parker

Prompts #29 and #34
Requested by @MadamCephas

I added a thing in here:

Psst... vintage_grace also writes Peter P (and Tom Holland) imagines that you should totally go check out. They're rad. Really well written. Cool. Interesting. Different. New. All the good adjectives.

Summary: Peter invites you as his plus one to a party in the Avengers Base - thrown by Tony. Fun and banter ensue.

QOTP: Avengers Base or Stark Tower?

Word Count: 1805

When Peter invited you to be his plus one to a party at the Avengers Base, you excitedly agreed. Then, two hours later, you realized you had no idea what you were getting into. Choosing an outfit for this thing was like picking out a prom dress - and the shoes, jewelry, hair, and make-up to match it. At the very least, Peter didn't have to buy you a corsage.

However, you managed to put together an outfit and here you are, standing outside the Avengers Base with your best friend, about to puke because you're so nervous. Why, you have no idea; Peter isn't your boyfriend, so it doesn't really matter if Tony Stark (aka his dad) and the other Avengers like you or not.

That fact doesn't calm you in the slightest.

"You comin'?" Peter asks. He's already ahead of you, opening the door. You'd been staring up at the base.

"Y-Yeah," you say, walking over to him. He holds the door open, then walks in behind you. You stop and wait for him to get in front of you again, so he can lead the way to where Tony said the party would be.

When you get there, there's a lot of people, so Peter grabs your hand and leads you through the crowd, going to find Tony.

You blush, thinking about the fact that Peter's holding your hand, then blush even deeper when he laces your fingers together. Little did you know, Peter had to work up the courage to even think about doing that.

Eventually, Peter finds Tony and leads you to him. He's talking to Bruce Banner, but he stops when he sees you and Peter. "Hey, Underoos! Glad you could make it!"

You stifle a laugh as Peter sighs, still holding your hand. "Hey, Mr. Stark." He looks at Bruce. "Hey, Mr. Banner."

"Hey, Peter," he replies.

Tony raises an eyebrow and gestures to you, noting the fact that you're holding Peter's hand. "You gonna introduce us, Pete?"

"Uh, yeah," Peter says. He gestures to you. "This is Y/N."

"Hi," you say shyly.

Tony smiles and holds a hand out. "Hi. Tony Stark. It's nice to finally meet you."

You let go of Peter's hand to shake Tony's, then Bruce introduces himself and you shake his. As you make small talk, both and you Peter silently debate on whether or not to grab the other's hand again.