Come to Baker Street | Sherlock Holmes

Summary: Sherlock urgently needs you for something that turns out to be... kind of adorable?

QOTP: Would you rather be Sherlock or John?

Word Count: 1662

"Y/N!" Mrs. Hudson exclaims happily.

You smile back at her and give her a hug, sweetly replying, "Hello, Mrs. Hudson." You both let go and she smiles at you.

"He's in his mind palace," she says of Sherlock, letting you inside.

You nod, "I wouldn't expect any less." She goes with you up the stairs, going to unlock the door so as not to disturb Sherlock.

You pull out your phone and check the texts again.

Come to Baker Street. - SH

Is it urgent?

Are you in trouble?

Or am I just going to hand you your phone or something?

Please. - SH

Also, if I'm texting on my phone, why would I need you to hand me my phone? - SH

Shut up.

So, you came. You figured he wasn't in any real danger, especially when the taxi pulled up and all was quiet and calm.

Truthfully, you wish he would've been playing his violin when you arrived; you love it. It was one of the moments he wasn't talking nonsense (at least it sounds like nonsense) and he wasn't in his mind palace. And his playing is beautiful.

But when Mrs. Hudson opens the door, he's laying on the couch, hands under his nose in prayer-position.

John Watson looks up. He's sitting in his chair, reading. You didn't expect him to be there; he's usually with his wife, Mary. "Hello," he says.

"Hello," you reply, Mrs. Hudson letting you in before entering herself.

"Would you like a cuppa?" she asks you.

You nod, "That would be lovely, thank you."

She turns. "John?"

"I need a refill on mine, actually," he nods. "Thank you, Mrs. Hudson."

"Anytime, dear," she says, going to the cluttered kitchen.

You walk to John and hold out your hand. He shakes it. "I'm Y/N," you say. "And I presume you're John? I've heard a lot about you."

"You have?" he asks, letting go of your hand. "From who?" He had assumed you're a client, somebody Mrs. Hudson knows.

But, to John's surprise, you nod over at Sherlock. "He never shuts up about you."

"Oh..."

"Don't worry. Not that embarrassing. Besides, I'm praying he hasn't told you about me."

"He hasn't, actually."

You feign a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness."

In reality, you had kind of hoped he had mentioned you. But, knowing how he is and how he feels things, you know that you can't exactly expect him to do that.

John stands. "You can sit here. I'm fine to-"

"No," you interrupt, "It's alright."

You turn and look down at Sherlock. "Why do you have to be so tall?" you mutter. "You take up the whole couch, you dork." John chuckles as you walk over to the desk.