216: The One Where Toni Doesn't Wear A Shirt

TONI POV:

We drive up to the Rehab center. I look at Betty. "I don't think I can do this." I whisper. "Toni you've been drinking through your entire life. I'm surprised your liver hasn't shut down already." I take a deep breath. "Just one more drink." I say quietly. She sighs and hands me my flask. I take a swig and hand it to her. "Want some?" I ask. "Toni, I don't want to know what weird concoction you have in there." She says quietly. "I don't remember anyways. But it's strong." I say quietly. "When did you make it?" She ask. "Right before we left." She sighs. "That was an hour ago! You don't remember what you put in that thing an hour ago?!" I shrug. "I was drunk." She takes the flask away and we go inside.

I walk into the room. The doctor hands me my clothes. "These are your pajamas, you have to wear them every night we'll give you new clothes everyday." I nod. "Do I have to wear the shirts?" I ask quietly. She looks at me confused. "I don't like sleeping with shirts on." I say quietly. "Well, you have to wear it because we check on you every hour and I don't feel like looking at your boobs." She says quietly. "You know, I could choke myself with this shirt. It's a nice turn on." I whisper. She looks at me. "I wouldn't joke about that if I was you." She says before going to the door. "When can I call my fiancé?" I ask quietly. She looks at me. "Tomorrow afternoon." She says quietly. "Can you at least tell her that I got here and that I'm ok?" I ask. "You can tell her tomorrow afternoon." She says quietly. I sigh. "When is dinner?" I ask quietly. "5:30 but you can always get snacks and candy at the concession stand." I nod. "What time is it now?" I ask quietly. "4." She says quietly. I take a deep breath. "When do we go to bed?" I ask. "Everyone should be in there room at 7, lights off by 9:30." I nod. "What time do I have to be up?" I ask quietly. "7:45, breakfast starts at 8 and goes until 9." She explains. "When's lunch?" I ask. "11 to 12:30." I nod. "What time does dinner go until?" She smiles. "6:30." She says quietly. "Ok." I smile a little. "Is it possible to get out of here in 30 days?" I ask quietly. "I'd like to see that happen." She says quietly. "Any other questions?" She ask. "Not right now."

There's a knock on the door. I look up and see a girl with Raven hair. "I'm Veronica Lodge." She says smiling. "Lodge? Like Lodge Industries?" I ask confused. She nods. "Why are you here?" I ask standing up. "Alcohol, and I have this need to disappoint my father." I nod. "You?" She ask quietly. "Alcohol." She nods. "How long have you been here?" I ask. "2 weeks. You?" She ask. "About an hour, they took my phone so I don't really know what time it is and I'm still really drunk." She motions to the clock. "I never learned how to read those." She nods. "What time is it?" I ask. "5:15." She says. "What's your name?" She ask quietly. "Toni Topaz." I say quietly. "You know Cheryl Blossom by any chance?" She ask. "Yeah, she's my fiancé!" I say awkwardly. "Cool, we went to high school together." I nod. "Cool." I smile awkwardly. "Where's the concession stand?" I ask quietly. "Come on I was just heading there." I follow her. "Where are you from?" She ask quietly. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "Like where were you born and raised because you're clearly not from Riverdale." She says quietly. "Oh, I'm from Florida." I say quietly. "And you came here for Cheryl?" I nod. "Why?" I shrug. "I didn't want to stay in Florida and was my ticket out of there." She looks at me. "So you used her?" I shake my head. "No! We met in college and instead of going back home and working at McDonalds for the rest of my life until I got burned alive for being black, She offered that I come back with her and I did because I loved her and she's the only reason I'm truly here." I explain. "Where in Florida?" She ask. "You know how you're constantly hearing about Florida man?" She nods. "Yeah there." I say quietly. "So not Disney World." I nod. "Definitely not." I say quietly. She nods. "Redneck country." She says. "Have you been back since then?" I nod. "Yeah, and I couldn't even go to Walmart and hold hands with Cheryl, I was also to drunk to do so, but still." I say awkwardly. She looks at me. "Do your parents know?" She ask quietly. "Know what?" I ask confused. "That you're gay!" She says. "I'm not." She looks at me. "Oh? You play for both teams." I roll my eyes.

CHERYL POV:

I walk into the living room. "Hey Toni-." I stop realizing she's not here. Betty rubs my shoulder. I look at her. "Do you think it's gonna work this time?" I ask quietly. "Maybe." She says. "Maybe because if she doesn't sober up she's going to jail." I whisper. She nods. "Have you heard from her?" She ask quietly. "No." I whisper. "You sure she got there all ok?" She nods. "Yes! I walked in with her and waited for her to get to her room." She whispers. "Come on. Let's eat." I nod.

I walk into the living room and look at Betty. "Can you help me with something?" I ask quietly. She nods. "I need help dumping all the alcohol out of everything." She looks at me. "Toni's not coming home for a while." I nod. "Yeah, but I don't like seeing everything in the house. I'm not one to drink and if Toni's not here to go through it, it's gonna go to waste either way." She nods getting up. We go through the liquor cabinet and dump out all the alcohol. "That was easy." I smile. "There's more." We go upstairs and find some of the stuff Toni had hidden. I reach under the sink in the bathroom. "What are you doing?" Betty ask confused. I grab a small bottle of Vodka and pour it out. "Oh my god." She whispers. "Toni has stuff hidden if she has to pretend to sober up for a week." I say quietly. "Why didn't you do this earlier if you knew she has this stuff?" She ask quietly. "I didn't want her to know that I knew where this stuff was." I say. "What makes this change?" She ask. "She's not here to stop me." I say quietly. "Come on." I whisper. "There's more." Her eyes widen. "How is she not dead?" I shrug as we go into the bedroom. "I've been wondering that a lot." I say quietly. "Let's go her truck and my car

I walk into the kitchen when I hear my phone ring. "Hello." I say picking up the phone. "Hey, Cheryl." She says sighing in relief. "How's it going?" I ask quietly. "Ah good. The shirts they make us where when we are sleeping are annoying. I don't like sleeping in them." She explains. I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry baby." I say quietly. "How are you doing?" I ask quietly. "I'm good. I think withdrawal is starting to hit. I'm sweating more than I should, I-I haven't stopped shaking since I woke up this morning." She says quietly.

Toni walks out of the rehab center. She looks at me. "You ok?" I ask quietly as she walks over to me. "Yeah. How long do you think this is gonna last?" I ask quietly. "Just say sober until after the wedding." She nods. "When is that again?" She ask quietly. "We haven't come up with a date yet." She smiles. "I see what you did there." She says as we go into the car.