393: The One With The Guidance Counselor

TONI POV:

I look at my guidance counselor. "You're grades are in the toilet." She says quietly. "I'm not going to give you a speech about how if you bring your grades up you'll feel better." She tells me. "I want to drop out." I tell her. "Either way I'm not graduating." I whisper. "Summer classes." I shake my head. "No, I don't have time for school, I'm gonna go do something useful with my life." I say before grabbing my bag. "You've been through a lot of trauma Toni! You need something to do!" I shake my head. "No! I need to be out there taking pictures and doing what I love." I tell her. "Do you really think photography is the right career path?" I nod. "I have a job set up for me I guess have to say yes." I tell her. "What's the job?" She ask quietly. "Ah! Alice Cooper, she has a job at the register, and me and Betty were planning on doing it together, she's more of a writer and better at interviewing and I take pictures and stay out of the way." I explain. She nods. "Fair enough." I take a deep breath.

I walk into the gym and see Cheryl doing some stuff for cheer. Cheryl jumps at the door closing behind me. "Good evening." I say smiling. She looks at me as I drop my bag and walk over to her. "It's 10:30 in the morning." She says quietly. "Same thing." I joke. She pulls me into a kiss. "Have you talked to the guidance counselor?" She ask quietly. I nod. "And?" I shrug. "I called Alice and I start on Wednesday." I tell her. "Are you sure this is what you want to do?" I nod. "It's a big step in the right direction." She nods. "Ok." She smiles. "I want to do photography." We hear Cheryl's phone beep a few times. She checks it. "My blood sugar is low, I should do something about that before I die or pass out." She says quietly. "We still on for tonight?" I ask her. "Yeah, I'll pick you up?" I nod.

I wake up covered in sweat. I sit up and go to my dad's room. I knock on the door. "Come in." I open the door. "You ok?" He ask quietly. "No." He pats the side of the bed. "Sit." I go over and sit on the bed. I immediately start crying. He comforts me. "Do you want me to grabs your medication?" He ask quietly. I nod. He gets up and grabs my medication. "Don't you have a date in a bit?" He ask quietly. I nod. "I wanted to take a nap before I got ready." He nods handing me my meds. "This'll chill you out before it."

I look at Cheryl. "You ok?" She ask quietly. I nod. "You haven't been the same since... that night." I take a deep breath. "I didn't know I was supposed to go back to normal." I tell her. "I didn't mean that." I nod. "Yeah you did." I look at her. "I'm sorry." I whisper. "I'm seeing a therapist soon, it's just a process." She nods. "I know." She says quietly. "I need some time." I say quietly. "We aren't breaking up!" She says sitting up. "No! I just need time to get better. I still want to be with you!" She nods.