318: The One Where Toni Doesn't Come Out

TONI POV:

"Put your phones in the boxes." Our teacher says as Cheryl and I walk into class. "We're Rachel and Ross on a break?" The sign above ask. One box says yes and the other one says no. I put my phone in yes and Cheryl puts it in no. We look at each other. "No..." I whisper. "We aren't having this fight again Toni." She says annoyed. "They were." I tell her. "No they were not." She says sitting down. "You're either broken up or not." I say quietly. "And they weren't." I take a deep breath. "Are you serious?" I ask quietly. "A break is a break up!" I say annoyed. "So if we go on a break I can sleep with whoever I want directly after we make that decision?" She ask quietly. "I mean technically yes, I wouldn't recommend it, because it is a dick move and I don't think Ross should have done it but it's his body and they were broken up!" I tell her. "Damn you Toni."

I feel someone wrap their arms around me. "Hey baby." I smile and pull her into a kiss. "How was school?" Cheryl ask quietly. "Fine." I whisper. "I'll see you tomorrow." I nod as the girl walks away. "Who's that?" Cheryl ask quietly. "Some girl my mom wanted me to be nice with." I tell her. "She's my mom's friend's kid, and she believes in everything I'm against." I whisper. "Which your mother also is." I nod. "So she doesn't know that you're bi or trans" She says quietly. "Who?" I ask confused. "That girl." I shake my head. "She knows I'm bi, she thinks it's a choice but she doesn't really care because as long as I am happy it's fine since it's my life." She nods. "Have you told your mom?" She ask taking my hands. I look down. "I can't bring myself to do it." I whisper. "What if she goes to her mom and she tell your mom?" She ask concerned. I shrug. "I'll figure it out." I whisper. "You know if something like that happens and you need a place to stay, I have the room." I nod. "Speaking of, I really don't want to go home tonight. My mom has a new boyfriend and he's an asshole." She nods. "You can stay over." I smile. "Thanks." She kisses me. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you too babe."

I take off my shirt. "Toni..." I look at Cheryl. "What?" I ask confused. She motions to my stomach. "What happened?" She ask quietly. "Like I told you, my mom's new boyfriend." I whisper. She takes a deep breath. "Do you want to stay here a bit longer?" She ask quietly. "I can't do that." I whisper. "I honestly don't care, it's kinda lonely here and if you're here it's not that bad." She whispers. "I don't have any clothes." I say quietly. "And I love you and I love what you wear, I just don't really care for 90% of the things you wear on me." She nods. "We can stop by your house and get some stuff when no one is home." She tells me. "Until then?" I ask quietly. "Well you said 90% so that means at least 10% is ok." She smiles. I nod. "We don't have school tomorrow so we can go through everything and see what works." She tells me. "I also still have all of Jason's stuff. You might like some of that stuff but be careful with that stuff." I look at her. "I would really prefer not wearing his stuff." I whisper. She nods. "Right. Makes sense." I nod. She pulls me into a kiss. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you too." I whisper. She kisses me. "You know, this is gonna sound bad but you dress very feminine in front of your mom." I nod. "She thinks I'm a drag queen or something like that. That's kinda why her new boyfriend did what he did." She sighs. "I'm sorry baby." She whispers. "Here." She grabs me a shirt she knows I like. I put it on. "When did you know?" She ask quietly. "Know what?" I ask quietly. "That you were trans?" She clarifies. "Well, I kinda always knew I was different but I think last year it really hit me and I came to terms with my gender." I tell her. She nods. "When did you know you were gay?" I ask her. "When I kissed Archie and almost threw up in his mouth." She says smiling. We both burst out laughing. "Of course you'd say that." I whisper. She smiles. "Why did you do that?" I ask quietly. "I thought it was what I was supposed to be doing." I nod. "Sophomore year was hard and I think I thought me kissing him would make something feel kinda normal." She tells me. "I don't know." She shakes her head. "You're a better kisser." She whispers. I smile. "Yeah?" She nods and kisses me. "Definitely." She whispers as we deepen the kiss. She moves her hand up my head and into my hair. "I know you hate it but I do like your hair short." She whispers. "I'm gonna grow it out as soon as I can." She nods. "I know. It's ok."