342: The One With The Accident

TONI POV:

"Do you blame yourself?" Penny ask quietly. I look at her. "What?" I ask quietly. "It's common in this situation for someone like you to feel guilty for the accident." She tells me. "What accident?" I ask her. "The one where you let Cheryl die." I shake my head. "She's still alive! I saw her yesterday." I tell her. "That was a week ago! Do you know where you are?" She ask confused. "No?" I look around and realize I'm in a warehouse, tied to a chair. "What happened?" I ask her. "I'm not telling you." She says quietly. "What happened?" I ask again. "You killed my son, so I killed your girlfriend."
My heart drops. "What did you do to her?" I ask. "I just told you!" She yells. "Are you stupid?!" She ask pissed. "I killed your stupid girlfriend after you killed my son!" She yells. I look at her. "I didn't kill anyone." I tell her. She shows she the video of someone killing her son. "That's not me." I say looking up. "Then who is it? Because whoever that is looks a lot like you." She tells me. "Same clothes you usually go out with on serpent missions. Same hat, mask to hide your identity. But any serpent knows it's you, and I use to be a serpent so, it has to be you." She explains. "Any serpent would know that's me." I tell her. She sits up. "You really didn't do it." She says quietly. I shake my head. "I should probably kill you so you don't go back to the other serpents and tell them to hide." She says before punching me. I hear some ruckus and see Fangs and Sweet Pea. "Toni!" Fangs yells. I look at him. I can see it in his eyes, which means she's really gone. Sweet Pea punches Penny while Fangs unties me. Sweet Pea and Penny fight. "Go! I'll meet you! Get Toni to safety!" He yells. Fangs and I run out. We get to a spot and Fangs stops. "I think we're safe to stop." He says quietly. I look at him. "I didn't do it." He nods. "We found who did." He says quietly. "Don't worry, they're being charged for murder." He tells me. "We should keep going. We have an hike." He says quietly.

"We should get you cleaned up." Fangs says as we walk up to a gas station. He motions to the convenience store. "She's gone." I say speaking for the first time in almost 2 hours. He stops and looks at me. "Penny thought you killed her son." I look at him. "Really? I had no idea!" I say sarcastically and very pissed off. "She's gone!" I say again. I grab his shirt. "Why didn't you protect her?!" I yell in his face. He pushes me back. "We didn't know!" I look at him. "We didn't know, Penny was after you until she sent me this." He says pulling out his phone and handing it to me. I see a text from me. "I didn't send that." I tell him. "I know! No offense but you can't spell." He says quietly. "You also use punctuation and she sent separate text." He tells me. "I went to check on you and I found her dead." He tells me. I drop to my knees and drop down crying. "She's gone." I whisper. "We haven't had a funeral yet." He tells me. "We were waiting for you." I look at him. "I don't want to serpent funeral." He nods. She wouldn't want that."

I look at Cheryl's grave. I take a deep breath. "Have you found him?" I ask Fangs. "I think Penny has him, and I think she'll be after you again." I look at him. "I don't want to go into hiding." I whisper. "Why is she still out for me if I didn't do it?" I ask him. "It's Penny! She'll find something." He says quietly. "You know, like cutting off her tattoo?" I take a deep breath. "Sweet Pea wasn't there." I whisper. "No! But he did get in a fight trying to save you." I take a deep breath. "Fuck." He nods. "We need to find him and kill Penny." He nods again. "I can't go into hiding! My mom is sick! Cheryl is- is here. I can't go." I whisper. "You won't!" He looks at me. "Wait, your mom is sick?" I nod. "With what?" He ask quietly. "Dementia." I whisper. "She's dying! I can't leave her!"

I look at my mom. "How's Cheryl?" She ask quietly. "Mom, Cheryl, she died." I tell her. "Oh." She says quietly. "I'm sorry. How is she?" I take a deep breath. "Great." I lie. She smiles.
"That's good." I nod. "Yeah." I whisper. "She's a good person." I nod. "I know." She smiles. "Are you guys getting married?" She ask quietly. "Maybe one day." I tell her. "Get some rest." I say quietly. "W-we have a big day tomorrow!" I tell her. "What are we doing tomorrow?" She ask smiling. "We're going to see a movie." I tell her. "What movie?" She ask me. "It's a surprise!" I say quietly. "Is Cheryl going? She's such a nice young lady." I take a deep breath. "She can't. She has a work thing." I lie.

"How's your mom?" Fangs ask as we sit in the car. "She can't walk, she doesn't know Cheryl's dead, she thinks Cheryl and I never got married, she thinks my dad is still alive..." I shake my head. "She barely remembers me." I whisper. "What do you mean?" He ask quietly. "She called my brother's name 7 times, then she thought I was her sister." I whisper. "You and your aunt do look at lot a like." I shrug. "I know, but it still hurt. It kinda proves that my brother was the favorite." I whisper. "That's not true." I look at him. "Your brother said the same thing." He says quietly. "Really?" He nods.

I look at Cheryl. "You're so pretty." I whisper playing with her hand. "You're the prettiest woman I have ever met." I tell her. She smiles and pulls me into a kiss. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you, I love you more than anything else in the world." I tell her. "I'm so happy to be your wife." I whisper. She smiles.

I sit up in my bed. I look over and feel Cheryl's side of the bed. "I'm sorry I got you killed." I whisper. I haven't been sleeping since I came home.