Crime is a couples game

AW11041 they asked for this in September so why not release it like 4 months later :D

"You're just making them mad," Flash announced once Batman asked if there were any questions. He'd been obsessed with making Dick and Wally's criminal activity Justice League issues when it simply wasn't that important. Ever since the pair left the vigilante life and did a 180 turn into becoming villains, Batman had come into meetings once every week to pitch them a mission that was very obviously built on his bitterness and Flash was getting sick of everyone indulging him. It was difficult enough to have to accept that his nephew had changed without his fellow hero constantly bringing them up. They were happy and it sucked that they weren't happy being on the good side of the law but what was the point in treating them like bigger-level threats than they actually were? All it did was sweep actual threats under the rug.

"We don't let criminals get away with things because it makes them mad," Batman snapped. "If they've decided to be criminals then they have to face the consequences."

"Fine I'll give you that but it's not of League interest to run around after them," the speedster argued. The other heroes in the room sank back into their chairs and prayed to leave the room but getting up would risk getting sucked into the fight. If they were, they'd have to deal with Batman's passive-aggressive nature for the next week because they had to agree with Flash. Sure, the duo needed to be brought to justice but it wasn't their job to do that. It was Batman's and Flash's since the crimes happened within their cities but it wasn't affecting much else. They were contained within small areas and didn't pose a threat to the entire world as they knew it.  "I get you're upset but you can't keep doing this," Flash insisted.

"Our proteges turning towards injustice gives us a bad name. We need to show we don't tolerate this behaviour."

"We have shown that! I haven't seen my nephew outside of the news in months. We used to talk every single day but you wouldn't know anything about how that could affect someone, would you? You hardly talked to Dick outside of work in the first place and here you are just punishing them for punishment's sake because Dick went against you and you can't handle that after trying to mould that poor boy into a version of yourself. You did it with Jason and you're doing it with him." Batman narrowed his gaze but he held his own against it. 

"I did no such thing."

"You had such a bad relationship with your son that you find it so easy to throw him into the very institution you yourself know tortures their prisoners but I don't! I love those damn kids so I find it very hard to think about placing them in the hands of people who don't care if they live or die and I'm sorry to find out that a pair of those hands belong to you."

"You don't know what you're talking about," the Dark Knight responded. He stood up, unable to stay in this meeting if it meant hearing more from the man.

"I know plenty because that boy cried enough in my own home and Wally called me enough times worried sick about him," he said as he pushed his chair in. "But you wouldn't know about that because your head is so far up your ass that you're on, what? Your fifth child? And you still make the same mistakes. If you were my father, it would be incredibly easy to think a life of crime is better than a world that praises you as a hero." He left the room swiftly after and they fell into silence with other heroes deciding that it was best to leave than get caught up in the business any further. Batman watched them drain out of the room before taking a seat himself and staring at the screen, resting his chin on his knuckles before rubbing his lips nervously. The silence hung over him but he took solace in it, assuring himself he was in the right.