7th Day of Christmas

Ayo, you thought I was going to leave the whole Spyral situation alone? With the angst? HA. I was just waiting.

TW: THE WHOLE SPYRAL THING 

https://www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw38-DBhDpARIsADJ3kjlBzmRPruldcmr7g7hx5Yh_WgHlRt97xFcT7bstHSzGDkbEPQ7NP8IaAkxSEALw_wcB

https://www.thehotline.org/

https://www.gov.mb.ca/stoptheviolence/index.html

It was a bad day for the acrobat. His breakfast burned, his milk soured, his suit was ruined, everything ached and let's just say he was only just holding it together when Damian and Jason began ranting about their deaths. Given that he was still not really over either of these deaths and he was already having a bad day followed by a bad patrol, this was the last thing he wanted to hear after a mission. "Guys, can you two not do that right now?" he asked as he was stitched up. He should've seen the bullet coming but he didn't and so now he had a fun bullet wound. Another scar to add to the gallery that cursed his skin. Jason huffed at the request and waved his hand dismissively. 

"Sorry, I thought I heard the guy who faked his death try to police the people who actually died," Jason answered. 

"I did die," he mumbled back. Technically he did die. Granted, it wasn't as dramatic as either of theirs nor was it as painful but he did die. He was resuscitated right after and no one was told that part. Not for a long time. He really did hate that. What he hated, even more, was that it wasn't his fault that nobody knew that. Bruce allowed them to think he was dead even though he knew that Dick was okay and in a coma to heal. He went so far as to hold a funeral. The whole thing made his stomach twist in knots and anxiety. Horrible fantasies bred from how easy it was for Bruce to watch the family suffer and then let Dick take the fall after forcing him to go undercover. He took a deep breath as the needle once again pierced his skin. 

"Ah ah, fakers don't get a word in," Jason argued. 

Had it been any other day then Dick would've been fine with it. Well, not fine. He'd beat himself up over it later in the sanctity of his room or his apartment. How he should've been stronger and fought against the will of his mentor, how he should've gone behind Bruce's back and told everyone, and how he should've done something because he was an adult now with his own agency and didn't need the permission of his guardian to do what he wanted. Today wasn't any other day. He'd had a bad day and the last thing he needed was his brother invalidating his trauma. Besides, he was always feeling guilty over it and what for? So Bruce could continue to be seen as an okay guy? Well, he wasn't. When Dick refused, he got beaten into submission. The man watched his family grieve. He knew he painful that process was and yet not once did he break. Not once did he say anything. No, he let them hurt. He hurt them and none of them knew that. Well, he wasn't going to cover anymore. "You know what? Fuck you. You don't know anything about what happened," Dick snarled. This reaction promptly caught the attention of everyone in the room. Everyone who had been hurt by Bruce and those that didn't even know he'd hurt them. Everyone including the man who managed to fuck up his own kid even more for "the greater good" and then didn't even have the balls to admit what he did. 

"Woah, cool it, Goldie."

"No, no I'm not gonna cool it. Here's what really happened Jaybird," he spat out. The venom in his words was almost tangible. "Actually, everyone should listen to this because I'm done protecting the bastard of a father I have."

"Dick," Bruce began. "Let's not do something we'll regret."

"Really? Something we'll regret?" He laughed darkly and hopped off the table, pushing away the hand that went to still him. There were more injuries to fix and more to sew up but what would happen if they weren't? He wasn't going to bleed out. They'd heal weirdly and perhaps get infected but he wouldn't die. This was more important anyway because he didn't want to hear one more joke at his expense over something he had no choice in. That was more painful than anything else. "There is no we in this situation. It's you and only you. I'm only in it because you dragged me here. Tell me, Bruce Wayne, do you regret telling everyone who ever cared for me that I was dead when you knew for a fact that I was alive?" His voice was even but the tone was something none of them wanted to hear repeated. It was dark and bitter, paired with a smile that Joker would be jealous of. Bruce tensed at the question but didn't say a word. Instead, he took to glaring. "Do you regret going so far as to hold a funeral and make a grave for a man you knew full well was alive?" Eyes fell on the Dark Knight for his response to the accusations yet silence remained his go-to reaction. "Oh, and here's the real question of the hour I would just love to know, do you regret beating a newly healed traumatised ward you raised until he agreed to go undercover for your shitty mission and then letting his family think that he did all of this of his own free will because he didn't want to ruin everyone's perception of you?"