Sixth day of Christmas

flashbossXD wants some Harley and Dick and honestly I love them??? them in the harley quinn movie?? heLLO?

I'm also messing with timelines here so just go with it - it's Christmas and I can get away with what I want

EDIT: TW WALLY'S DEATH MENTION

Nightwing wasn't feeling it tonight but then again, he hadn't felt it any other night recently. How could he when everything had gone to shit and he had been the one to cause it. Nothing really felt right anymore. Still, he continued doing his job as he did every night and found himself working harder as though that was somehow going to make up for everything. It wouldn't. Maybe it would make him feel better. It didn't. He'd been going nonstop for a while before his body demanded a break atop a roof around five hours into patrol. Groaning, he let himself collapse onto the gravel and stared up into the sky. He couldn't see the stars thanks to the pollution but at least he had the moon. That was something. There was silence thanks to it being so early in the morning which didn't do anything to help this horrible lonely feeling that had been plaguing him recently. He felt it everywhere. It followed him around and lingered, never leaving him be. Of course, he hadn't told anyone about this. They didn't need to hear how this was affecting him when they were grieving too. Grieving. He hated that word. It was always a horrible experience for him and he was very aware part of that was his own fault. Nightwing would deny this affected him, worked himself to the bone to ignore how bad he felt and then he would eventually break down because he'd done himself over. Sure, he knew the process and he recognised when he was going through it but that didn't stop him from doing it. It just meant he knew what stage he was that. Right now he was in the working himself to the bone stage. "Nightwig!" Oh great. 

The hero glanced to his right to find Harley Quinn grinning ear to ear at him. He hardened his stare which made her put her hands up in surrender. "Hey hey, I'm not gonna kill ya. Well, at least not tonight," she defended. She walked over to him and sat down beside him. "You look glum honey bun," she added, poking his cheek. He huffed at her and sat up, ignoring how his body protested. It wanted him to relax but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon. He swore he was getting sick too because he kept getting chills. He really was falling apart without him.

"What do you want Harls? I'm on a break and I'd rather not waste it."

"A break? You collapsed on the roof and didn't move. I thought ya finally kicked the bucket and I coulda done with the credit," she responded, giggling to herself. When he didn't smile back, her happiness faltered. Nightwing sighed to himself and pinched the bridge of his nose. Great. If word got out that he was just collapsing on rooftops then he'd no doubt be visited by Batman. Not like that guy could talk but he'd bring Robin too and the kid didn't need to see him like this. He'd rather no one did. Alas, Harley had seen him which wasn't the best but it could be worse. She could still be with Joker and his condition would spark a really fun torture session that would take months to get over. He really wasn't in the mood for that. 

"What're you doing here anyway? You stay in Gotham," he snapped, the embarrassment getting to him a little. 

"Just passing through. Are you doing good? Never known you to just eat the dirt like that."

"What do you care? We're kinda on the wrong sides to be doing little heart to hearts," he pointed out. Harley went to reply but then paused. She tried again but shook her head before any of the words left her mouth.