8th Day of Christmas

Villain Dick shall thrive today

The ballroom filled with shouts and screams as blue smoke filtered in beneath the exit doors, forcing the group to the middle of the room. Within the group were the Batfamily minus their acrobat preparing themselves to slip out of the situation only to return to save the night. Not like many of them wanted to given those attending the gala were the worst people they met and they dealt with Gotham's villains. Speaking of, which one had decided to make their night harder than it needed to be? Without immediate deaths, they guessed it wasn't Joker nor Bane. The smoke was blue so it couldn't be Riddler. No plants so it's not Poison Ivy. "Ladies and gentlemen, the bitch is back!" Oh no. A smile slowly crept onto their faces. Well, not Bruce's face. If they had to describe his expression, it would be pissed beyond belief. 

"What is he doing here?" Bruce hissed under his breath. They all turned their attention to the stage where none other than Dick Grayson himself stood. The fact that he still wore the Nightwing symbol across his chest angered his former mentor but that was part of the reason he still wore it. Of course, now it was on a tight-fitting cropped tank top, showing off his scarred arms and torso. His henchmen with the matching insignia flooded the room, preventing them from running off without drawing attention. He knew all their tricks and clearly didn't want them to stop the fun so soon. He took the microphone from the stand and turned it on, clearing his throat to make sure all eyes were on him. Always one for an audience even before the villainry. 

"Now, I'm going to be ever so simplistic in my demand. I want the children of Bruce Wayne to come along with me willingly. If they do so, they'll be returned at the end of the night safe and sound," he announced. The siblings struggled to hide their grins at the escape plan. Here he was still saving them from the God awful galas they were forced to attend. They couldn't ask for a better out. "If not then perhaps we should reassess a certain someone's parenting skills."

"Richard this is ridiculous!" Bruce barked. 

"Here's something more ridiculous. Letting your ward hang out with Batman for a while. Bet ya boyfriend is regretting it all now," Dick responded with a grin. He hadn't outed the family as heroes which they could appreciate. He'd concocted a story about Bruce and Batman being close and due to that Bruce allowed Dick to hang out with the vigilante hence why he was Robin. Media outlets ran away with it and concocted a dramatic love story between Bruce and Batman that was honestly a great read. 

"Richard!"

"RicHard!" the acrobat mocked. He took his gun from its holster and pointed it at the crowd, his smile remaining in place. "Gimme your kids or I'm shooting Mr Grabby Hands over there. Yeah, I remember you weirdo."

"Fine! Go with him," the billionaire huffed. They nodded and walked over to the various henchmen who put their hands on their shoulders. Nothing too extreme which was a rather nice change to the usual kidnappings they were usually a part of. Then again, they wouldn't expect any different from their big brother. Dick hummed and put his gun down and snapped his fingers, causing his men to bring the siblings to the stage before pulling them behind the curtains. The villain gave the men a harsh look that they recoiled under to ensure they didn't harm their precious cargo then turned back to the crowd.

"This has been a rather wonderful reunion, really we should do this more often, but I've got what I came here for so I'll have to say toodles. Nice seeing ya B, say hi to Bats won't you?" he concluded, giving him a wave as he skipped backstage. Bruce glared at him the whole time but it didn't do much to the acrobat. He'd had worse and at that point, the man meant very little to him.

The siblings were brought to the back of the building where they were greeted by David, the familiar ginger bodyguard Dick was dating and employing. He gave them a nod of acknowledgement before leading them to a lorry and helping each of them inside. "Did they hurt any of you?" he asked seriously. When they shook their heads, the henchmen behind the man sighed with relief. It was near comical how much they feared the consequences of doing anything wrong to them. "Good. Sit tight." There were no chairs inside but that was obvious considering it was a lorry. It was warm in there though which was something they could appreciate. There were a few lights strung up on the ceiling and two boxes strapped to the floor. Outside, they could hear motorbikes revving up and racing off. They assumed they were heading towards a base or to wherever they were going to be kept for a bit. Dick exited the building not soon after they were all put inside and ran up to his bodyguard, kissing him gently before taking his hand to be helped inside. David closed the door behind him and locked it tight before getting into the driver's seat. They heard a hum of the engine and soon got moving.