Come down and talk to me

Morally_Gray drew something for me and it inspired this 

I think we all need some comfort, brits especially but not because the queen died it's because our government is shit

It was late at night when Robin heard the sound of something scratching at his door. Most of the team were asleep at this time, aside from him and sometimes Raven when she was engrossed in a particularly good chapter of a book, so it came as a surprise to hear the scratches. He wouldn't have heard them had he not paused the song he was listening to as he switched to a different album. The scratches were faint so he didn't feel immediately threatened by the noise. In fact, he was more so intrigued about what could be making it. Some nights Silky would find his way out of Starfire's room and for whatever reason demand to be let into Robins to sleep at the end of his bed but this couldn't be Silky since the worm creature didn't own any arms. He cocked his head to the side when he heard them pause before starting up again. Whoever or whatever it was, it was patient enough to wait until it was sure he wasn't coming to start again. He couldn't help but feel oddly endeared to whatever was making the noise. There was no reason to be since he hadn't actually seen what it was but it was that similar innate feeling he got when he heard his teammates outside his room quietly discussing if they should call him for dinner. Robin smiled to himself as he pulled out his earbuds and pushed himself halfway across the room on his wheely chair then getting up to open the door. 

The light from the hallway momentarily blinded him since the only light in his room had come from the computer screen and a few soft lights bright enough so he could just about see his paper notes and his keyboard. Robin blinked a few times before his eyes finally adjusted and he glanced down to see a green kitten staring up at him with wide eyes. He leaned against the doorframe, his smile growing fonder as he waited for an explanation for the late-night visit. 

"I couldn't sleep," Beast Boy stated.

"Oh?" he replied, curious. Although his friends came to him for advice on work and sometimes human cultures in Starfire's case, they would never come to him for advice on sleep when he was practically allergic to it so he didn't believe that was why he'd gotten the visit. Especially when Beast Boy slept the most out of everyone there. Well, he was beaten out by Silky but Silky didn't really count.

"Had that Terra dream again." That made more sense. Still, Robin couldn't see why he'd been the comforting person of choice.

"Why didn't you go to Cyborg?"

"His room is too cold. I like your room better," the teen explained whilst his eyes darted inside. There was no way Robin was going to turn him away so he stepped aside and nodded his head, offering an invitation. Beast Boy swiftly took him up on the offer and trotted inside where he immediately jumped onto the bean bag beside the older's desk. 

"Can I ask why you're a cat?" Robin asked as he wheeled his chair back.

"You never say no when I'm a cat." Looking back, he was surprised to find that was true and he let his friend get away with a lot if he was some adorable animal. He always was a sucker for animals. Maybe that was the circus kid in him or maybe it was the many stray cats he played with during boring stakeouts. 

"Yeah, suppose I'm just as bad as Catwoman," he replied. Settling back down to do his work, he popped in an earphone but kept the volume quiet as he brought up another question. "Do you wanna talk about it?" The younger seemed surprised by his question, his ears pricking up, and he couldn't exactly blame him. Talking wasn't his thing, a symptom of growing up with Batman. He'd been a little chatterbox once upon a time.