The exeption

So I am aroace and most of these are honestly like aro related things but that's not the point of this. So I'm both sex repulsed (and yes replused is the word I wanna use because it's not just sex negative or sex disfavorable I'd actual rather eat a cold streetdog from a car and then sell my souls to Caleb than have sex, Julie and the Phantoms reference there lol) and I'm also romance negative. Not exactly repulsed, I just get annoyed by it ESPICALLY in fiction and when it feels forced in fiction or like it's like "if you don't ship them you're wrong" it's like well I was neutral before but now I low key kinda hate that ship, which is honestly probably my stubbornness's fault. I tend to hate things that are very well liked and love things that are underrated.

That besting said, even though I say I hate romance, if you know me you know I'm in LOVE with Jeremy and Carolynn's relationship. They're my comfort romance and I don't know what it is, (well they also aren't fictional and most of my "resentment" to romance goes to fictional romance and fictional romace that feels pushed/forced in the show or fandom) but like I love their relationship. I love the song ballerina (Jeremy wrote it for Carolynn's birthday) and one of the lines is "you're the reason I tell my friends I'm busy tonight" and you know I feel like if jt were anyone else or if that happened in a fictional setting I'd be so mad and I would feel bad for the friends but it doesn't phase me here. And maybe it's because they call each other their best friend or maybe it's because they're just my exception and I love them no matter what but it makes me feel like a hypocrite ya know?

Does anyone else say that hate romance but then have an exception whether it be a celebrity couple or your friends or anything? Or am I just a hypocrite because like I don't wanna be but like I am in love with Jeremy and Carolynn's love and then pretty much any other love I either don't care that much or am annoyed by or extremely hate. Extremely hate is probably extreme to be honest I probably don't hate a lot of ships that much, it's more so real peoples favoritism to a ship and then they undermine other characters or friendships. That's what makes me mad.

Anyways we're getting side tracked, any one else have exceptions when they say they don't like romance?