Okay then keep kicking rocks man

So I started publishing a Jatp fanfic I wrote a while ago (I swear I need a full detox of this show but that may never happen. I was just watching all my old edits last night and crying so...this show will haunt me forever) and in this fanfic Flynn is actually Demi-aromantic lesbian. And when I mention this in the book, someone commented

"Rylnn fans kicking rocks rn"  (rylnn is the ship with Flynn and Reggie...a ship I low key kinda hate...like Flynn would not fall for a ghost and also she can't see Reggie half the time, only when he's performing with Julie  so she wouldn't even get to know him. Plus I'm like really headstrong on my Reggie is aromantic head canon and I feel like people just pair Reggie and Flynn together bc their main characters who don't have a love interest and originally they were supposed to be but the writers took it out bc obviously it wouldn't work)

Anyways. Mini rant about a ship over. Like they can keep kicking rocks. Like Flynn is gay and Demi romantic shut up and let it be. Stay mad. Keep kicking rocks.

No bc I think Rylnn is the ship that actually makes me the most mad. I don't see it has often as the other ships that make me mad, and tbh a big reason to why I hate ships is because I see them too often. So I don't hate Rylnn bc of how often I see it I just really don't like it.

Like...just because they are the only two main characters without a love interest doesn't mean you should just pair them together. I feel like it goes along with amanormativity and implies that you need a love interest. Or to be a main important and complete character you need s love interest. Like that's the vibe reylnn gives off and when someone ships reylnn it gives off the vibe that they think everyone needs a romantic partner and it just doesn't sit right with me. It makes me uncomfortable.

Like the writers took it out of the show for a reason.

I feel like Kenny or Jeremy confirming Reggie is aromantic or a-spec would like help with 80% of my problems and people would shut up about the whole love interest thing. Like I kinda need this but it's never gonna happen so 🥲🫠

Anyways. Yea. Im actually not too angry right now like you'd think this would be a rage rant but I'm really just being petty and they said their upset so I'm like "okay. Stay upset."

It's literally gonna be my comeback for anyone who says their upset with my lack of romance in my books when I'm an author.  I've been thinking about this all the time honestly.

Random person: I don't like your books, either there's no romance at all or there is very little and it makes me upset.

Me: alright then go read a romance book, there's literally millions and romance makes me upset. But I don't read romance books. So if lack of romance makes you upset, don't read my books. I didn't write them for you.

Anyways that's all I have to say. Thanks for listening to me talk about Jatp yet again. Wishing you all the best, have a wonderful day/night, take care 💚💜