Getaway

Vent story. Kinda dramatic but you know that's why it's fiction.

"Oh for fucks sake!" Amity slams the book and throws it across the room. It knocks over the lotions and perfumes that were sitting on her dresser.

Yet again, a story had randomly decided to make the two leads fall in love, even though their chemistry was so clearly platonic and now the writing switched from them being besites to cheesy, cliche, has already been done a million times before, romance. She didn't even need to head dive into the fandom to know exactly how they would react to this. They would throw all the other friendships in the trash and say they have the most important and strong connection when all the characters in the group have a strong connection with each other.

It just didn't make sense and it made Amity want to pull her hair out, smash a brick into her skull, and throw a chair at something, or someone.

She doesn't know why it bothers her so much. It's what everyone wants, it's what everyone likes, so why can't she just enjoy it to? Why does every time romance is mentioned she wants to shut the book and never pick it back up again? Why does she always end up starting to hate the characters who fall randomly in love and hate everything about the ship? Why can't she just be normal? Amity wanted to be normal. To understand why there was Al l this hype for the one thing in books and for whatever reason couldn't get behind.

It seems the more people love it, the more she hates it. What's up with that?

And the worst part is, every book, every movie, every show, and every song is about romance. There's no getaway. There's no escape.

I know it's short I just was bored so I wrote this. I'm just feeling very annoyed by romance culture and ship culture and amanormativity. I don't know what's worse, being sad about it or being mad about it. Both suck.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed and I will see you on the next one, take care and have a wonderful day/night 💚💜