Dancing with strangers

I hope you aren't tired of me talking about my obsession because I have more. This is my absolute favorite song.

So first, I'm pretty sure the writer of the song (Jeremy shada) literally said it's about like not agreeing with hookup culture and actually like finding someone and getting to know them and spend time with them and forming a connection before like hooking up which makes me think of like a Demi-sexual thing.

The lyric "I don't wanna be dancing with strangers at 3am and I don't wanna be wasting my love on somebody who doesn't know who I am" reflects this.

Ew. Reflects this. What am I, writing an essay? 😭 I mean I could write and essay on this song that's how much I love it. anyways...

That lyric reflects connecting with someone and getting to know them first them before throwing s3x and romance in there and wasting all your love on somebody you don't even know.

I also love the lyric "real love who can find? When the blind lead the blind" Like same dude. Same. I can't even explain this line but just yes. I love it. Like double chefs kiss.

And the lyric "I feel so alone but I'm never alone" ah my fav. (They're all my fav)

Like I feel alone because all my friends are gonna start dating or are already dating and everyone is dating or wants to date and I'm just here like: 🧍‍♀️by myself while everyone else is like: 💏 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨
Like I'm surrounded by people but I'm all alone.

Like I just love this song. It was the light in a dark tunnel. (Also one of my fav lyrics from this song "dark tunnels end with light" this song isn't just the light at the end of a dark tunnel, it was my flash light going through the tunnel.) so I wanted to share the love because I really love this song. Like a lot.

And Jeremy Shada said the music video (attached at the top) was kinda about like the narrator of the song having all these things happening around him and he's just not paying attention to it so in the music video he's standing there like 🧍‍♂️while paint and colorful powder gets thrown at him and he's just standing there while choas is around him and that's what it feel like to be aroace in a world built around romance/s3x. All this stuff is happening around me and I'm just standing there in the middle of it.

So yea. That's my favorite song. Thanks for listening to me yet again talk about Jeremy Shada and his music, I just can't help it sometimes. Especially since this is my go to song, ifs my favorite song ever. I hope you all have a beautiful day and take care, see ya 💚💜