Favorite person

So this is where I have two sides to me. Most times it's pretty half and half but this time I think I lean more towards on side than the other.

Why does society and like pop culture make it out that you can only have one favorite and that it has to be your significant other. Like I get people love their significant other, they should, but why are they expected to be your one and only favorite person?

Like can't you have more than one? Like I couldn't chose between my best friends my parents and my siblings. And hypothetically kids if I had them. The only person I can defend being your only favorite is your kids but if you have more than one kid you better love them all equally.

And it's almost like shamed upon if someone says their boyfriend or girlfriend isn't their favorite person.

Here's where I have two sides though. Part of me would love to be someone's favorite person and be their only favorite person. But a majority of me is like no I can't be someone's only favorite person. Like unless everyone else in their life sucks, I wouldn't blame someone for choosing their mom or dad over me. I'd feel too entitled, too guilty, to be someone's one and only favorite person.

I guess there's just a part of me that finds something reassuring in being someone's favorite person because you know you'll never be let down because they would chose you first every time. And as much as it sucks to feel like no one's choosing you or whatever if someone chose me every time as good as it would feel it would make me feel bad for those that didn't get chosen. Like you know what I mean.

I do wanna be something to someone, but at the same time I just can't because it would be unfair I feel like.

I don't know. I think its wild we're expected to have one favorite person and you're suddenly toxic or a jerk if it's not your significant other.

That's all I have to say. Thanks for listening and I'm wishing you all the best. I hope you all have a wonderful day/night, take care 💚💜