Awe 🥹

I just finished reading a book and there's an asexual character. She found out she was ace after having sec with her boyfriend and realizing she'd be happy never doing that again.

So she breaks up with her boyfriend because she doesn't like wanna hurt him by not having sex and she also doesn't wanna get hurt by him by saying he'll still be with her but inevitably leaving her for someone he can have sex with. They stay friends tho.

By the end of the book Grayson (the boyfriend) tells Zoey (the girlfriend) he wants to be in a relationship with her. He basically says he'd rather have her than sex. He says like "I'd go a life time without sex just to spend one more day with you" (in context, earlier he thought she was gonna die and he would never see her again)

And I'm just like "🥹awh wait." Like I normally don't like fictional romance but this is so cute and special because like he still loves her even tho she doesn't want sex "like everyone else" and like what he cared about is her.

Anyways it was just really sweet and they said they'd try it out and see what works and maybe things will change or maybe things won't change (not just with her too. Like Grayson said "maybe I'll end up taking a vow of abstinence" they said "maybe we'll grow old together" idk it was kinda cute)

Anyways the ace thing was not a major element to the plot but it was important enough to Zoeys character and romance doesn't even take a back seat, it's shoved in the trunk (in my opinion anyways) the rest of the books is thrilling, mysterious, and action packed.

It's called Sawkill Girls and it's about these girls who keeps going "missing" on Sawkill island and Zoey and Marrion try and figure out what's happening, Zoey convinced Val and her family has something to do with it- and they do.

It's sorta multi pov.  It's in third person but each chapter is 3rd person limited and it switches between the three girls. (That's why I said Val's family has something to do with the disappearing girls. You find out right away from Vals chapter)

So yeah. Lovely asexual representation. Zoey is also black and black aces and (black people) deserve representation. There's also some sapphic romance too- but again in my opinion it takes a back seat/shoved in the trunk. I think it's a little more there than Zoey and Grayson and it's more intimate it's not very detailed, I mean I guess it depends on where your tolerance is at. It mostly described kissing which grossed me out but not enough for me  to stop reading the book.

Anyways that's all I have to say. Thanks for listening, and I hope you all have a wonderful day/night. Best wishes, take care 💚💜