Im just a kid

I have so many songs I need to talk about and I'm slowly getting tough them but this is one of my favorites. It's called I'm just a kid by Simple Plan

I think this is a song that describes at least my personal aroace experience. It's not really an aroace song but I just...it describes how I feel about literally everything. (Unfortunately im not just a kid anymore but I feel like I'll always have my inner child controlling me)

"I think I got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them" I don't even really have a lot of friends but between the ones I do have it seems like I'm always reaching out first and they never reach out to me.

"What's another night all alone when you're spending everyday on your own" I don't really hang out with my friends outside of school or texting the ones I don't see at school but like on weekends my sister is going to friends houses and stuff and my one friend is always doing stuff with her boyfriend and it takes forever for me to get a plan set and actually follow through with it with my friends so my weekends are just boring and all the same I guess I got use to it.

"no body cares cause I'm alone and the world is having more fun than me" everyone else is going on these fun little dates with their significant others or even their friends and I barely even get to do that with my friends.  I actually love love love this lyric and I feel like I have the tendency to make things way more deep than they actually are and I feel like I definitely do that with this line. To me, my world is my best friends. So "the whole world is having more fun than me" is like saying my friends are having more fun than me, and they're having more fun without me. And I'm not their world like they are mine.

I actually did an edit to this song too and I was like so proud of what I did with this part of the song and how I paired it with the clips because I thought it was so meaningful but it also like wasn't that good. I made this edit like a year ago lol.

Anyways continuing on with the song,

"Everyone's got somewhere to go, and they're gonna leave me here on my own" everyone's going off on these dates with their significant others and I guess I'm afraid I'll end up alone. I think this is a very common aroace feeling too.

"What the hell is wrong with me don't fit in with anybody" litterally me. I know there's really not anything wrong with me for being aroace but I still feel like there is. Like I know there's nothing wrong with it but at times I feel like it's the reason I can't fit it ya know. "Don't fit in with anybody" everyone else gets romance whether it's with the same or opposite gender, straight people and gay people have romance in common.

"Wide awake and I'm bored and I can't fall asleep" you guys know. I have multiple things on here I wrote and published in the middle of the night not being able to fall asleep because my brain wouldn't shut up.

"No body want to be alone in the world"
I don't even know what to add to that. Nobody wants to be alone, (well maybe some people do I don't know) so I guess that's something i do have in common with allos, neither of us want to be alone

So yeah. That's the song. Those are my thoughts. I don't think I really went in order with the lyrics so sorry about that. Anyways if you wanted to see the edit I mentioned , here it is. (Yes it's a Reggie edit. Maybe I cried while making this. You can't prove anything)

Aweee this has my old watermark. Anyways. This was like one of the first edits I made when I started really getting into the headcanon of aromantic Reggie and I remember being really proud of this too but now I'm like ehhh there's things I could change.

So yea. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Wishing you the very best day/night, take care 💚💜