Romance is Boring

So on my message board a long time ago, (before I made this book) I wrote a rant and now I'm putting it here because it fits with this book.

Late night rant that's keeping me up at night :)

I don't understand why romance has to be in everything like it's so over hyped and like people are out here watching shows bc of the romantic couple or because they find one of the characters really attractive.

Like I watch shows and I get invested in the plot. The romance plot does not ever or rarely crosses my mind and most of the time it only crosses my mind after seeing other people obsess over it.

Like part of me is like "litteraly I could care less if they get together or have a happily ever after, I don't get why everyone's obessed with this when we have problems A B and C and this plantonic relationship exist." Yes that's right. I fall in love with the platonic relationships and I think they're adorable and romance is boring. Sorry.

But like the other part of me wants to love romance so that way when I see everyone else ones song over it I can understand. People be like "I love this scene" and it would be a romantic scence or something to do with the main ship and if it's just a purely romantic scence purely for romance and not plot or character development I feel nothing.

Perfect harmony. Nothing.
Most of the movie titanic. Nothing.
The notebook. Mostly nothing.

Like I wanna feel what ever it is you are all feeling so l'm not like left out or so I am with eveyone else and can obsess with people because hardly anyone else gets me and my obsession with plantonic relationships.

Anyways. Long story short I think romance is boring and I wish I saw and felt what everyone else does at the same time that I don't and I know it makes no sense but that's why I hate it.
That's all. Good night

So yeah. That is as my rant form like October 14 2022. Just thought it would be fun to share I guess. And now that I've been interacting with the aroace community more, I found people who get me and my obsession with platonic relationships 💚💜

Anyway that's all, thanks so much for listening and I hope you have a wonderful day/night. Take care 💚💜