Im aro but that doesn't mean I don't want love

So I was working on another story today, (a Julie and the Phantoms fanfic, even though I really should be working on my original story to make my little author dreams come true) and one of the characters is aromatic coded and I was hoping to make him aro in this fic I'm working on.

So the part I was working on today, he had his little inner monologue going and he was like feeling a little left out because all his friends had dates or "someone better" and there was a part of him that wanted that too. Wanted a "someone better" but at the same time, he loved his friends so much and thought there was no one better than them. They were his "someone best".

And even though he wasn't big on romantic love, he wanted to feel love, he wanted to be loved, and he wanted to be someone special to someone the same way friends were special and important to him.

Just because he's aromantic doesn't mean he doesn't want to feel any love at all.

Just bc we are aromantic doesn't mean we don't want love. Some aromantics want romantic love some want platonic love, some want something else. 

And sometimes I wonder if I want romantic love despite being aromantic. Or maybe something in between platonic and romantic like a QPR

I don't know what. I want. But I do want love.