Chapter 80: The One thing I couldn't Say

3rd person's pov

Bluenote demands to know where Mavis's grave is and uses his gravity magic to oppress them, since they weren't telling him where it was. Cana reaches forward to the shining light in the grave, but she's blocked by the seal on the grave.

"I always thought that if I could win the s-class trials, I could finally tell Gildarts that he's my father. Passing the exam would make me worthy enough to claim that I'm his daughter." As she remembered this, her help Lucy and Tsubaki card started flashing and she became overwhelmed with guilt.

"They both were being so nice and they helped me. If it wasn't for Lucy, I wouldn't have made it to the grave and Tsubaki agreed to help even though we can barely tolerate each other." Cana started to cry and fell to her knees.

Mavis's voice resounded around the grave, sensing Cana's remorse and will to help her friends so Mavis bestows her with Fairy Glitter and urges her to go help her friends.

With Natsu's team...

"Tsu, stop!! You're only hurting yourself more!" Makarov shouted as Tsubaki was trying to stand up, even though Bluenote was still using Fall. "No, I can't stop. This guy gives me bad vibes and if I don't do something now, he might just kill us all. I can't let that happen." Tsubaki clenched through her teeth as she hard against the spell but Bluenote hated this action, the fact that she was going against him and not telling him what he wanted made him angry. So instead of using it on everyone, he made it harder for Tsubaki to even sit up but she kept fighting.

"I'm not letting you find First Master's grave for your own sake! This island is for Fairytail only and I will be damned to let anyone stand here and tear up our sacred Island and hurt my family!!" Tsubaki shouted, making the ground shake which was felt around the entire island.

"This can't be an earthquake." Evergreen shook her head, "No, this doesn't usually happen." Gajeel shook his head  looking to Evergreen and Elfman. "Tsu..." Ezra looked over to Erza as they tried to keep their ground, especially Azuma. He seemed to be having a hard time standing because of Tsubaki's magic, "This can only mean that she's in trouble." Ezra stated as he watched Azuma struggle to keep his ground. "You should go find her. She may need help." Erza took out her sword and stood firm, as Azuma finally got onto his feet.

"Nah, it's alright. Ethan is looking for her. You are gonna need help, and I'm not leaving you to him. We don't know what he's capable of. I think Hairi has already run into him." Azuma chuckled, turning their attention to him.

"What are you laughing about?" Ezra seemed a little agitated with Azuma, "I've fought someone by that name and two sisters. They all lost to me what makes you think that you can do any better than those two S-class mages and her sister." Azuma suggested crossing his arms, "He means Mira and Lisanna. How could they have lost?!" Both Erza and Ezra stared at him wide eyed, not believing the news.

Ethan catches onto a familiar scent as he breaks through the bushes only to run into somebody else, the two hit the floor and groan. "Owww, watch-" Cana opened her eyes, seeing Ethan rubbing his butt as he sat up. "Ethan?" Ethan opened his eyes seeing Cana, who was now standing up in front of him.

"Cana? What are you doing all the way out here? I thought you were with Lucy and Tsu." Cana looked down at the ground, as she held out a hand to help him. He took her hand, as she pulled him up and took a small step back. "Well, I abandoned Lucy to find First Master Mavis's grave by myself. The reason being is that Gildarts is my father and I thought if I won the S-class Trials, then I could finally tell him that he's my father." She explained leaving him stunned as it had started raining, he stood there in silence and then finally spoke up.

"What about my sister, Cana? Where is she?" The two made eye contact and she sighed, "She went with Gray, after Leo went back to the celestial world. But my help Lucy and Tsu cards are beeping. They are probably together and in big trouble. I was going to find them." She looked down at the ground.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go! I can smell Tsubaki's scent." Ethan grabbed Cana by the hand and took off, with her stumbling after him. The ground stops shaking as Bluenote uses Fall again, making Tsubaki cry out but she is able to stand up.

"How did she break it?" Bluenote got angrier as Tsubaki charged at him with a punch, but in one single punch to the stomach she flies the opposite direction of everyone else and breaks through a tree. "Tsu!!!" Lucy shouted in shock, as Master Makarov stared in horror.

Finally finding them, Cana immediately tries to use her new spell to stop Bluenote, which turns his attention to her as Tsubaki pushes the debris off of her legs. "Cana!" Ethan shouted, as she loses her balance and Tsubaki instantly pops up from under the tree.

"I'm sorry for putting you to sleep and abandoning you Lucy!! I didn't mean to. Natsu, I need you to distract him!!" Natsu got to his feet as Ethan rushed down the side of the cliff to get to his sister. "Give me fairy glitter or I'll kill you." Bluenote headed towards her, but Natsu's interference saves her. "Tsu!" Ethan shouted, as she looked over to see her older brother and teared up. "Ethan!!" He rushed over tackling her in a hug, "Thank god, I found you." Cana uses her spell and it seems she has succeeded but loses balance due to Bluenote's Fall, causing panic among the others. Tsubaki and Ethan hit the ground hard, next to Lucy and Doranbolt as Bluenote approaches Cana ready to kill her.

"Cana!!! Stay away from her!!" Tsubaki shouted, as the others began to panic. But before he could deliver the final blow a figure pops up and it is none other than Gildarts, who knocks Bluenote back saving Cana.