Chapter 68: Dark Guild on the Island

3rd person's pov

Natsu had gotten there just in time to save both Elfman and Evergreen from the mysterious boy. "Who in the hell are you?" Natsu asked the boy, who is known as Zeref but they didn't know that. Ethan and Ezra were tired, so Hairi decided to pass them. The two started looking for Makarov, but they both had sensed that something was definitely wrong. But during all of the fighting, they lost Lucky, who was now flying around the island looking for Ethan and Ezra.

Zeref took one look at Natsu, and a tear rolled down his cheek. "Why is he crying?" Evergreen asked, "If you ask me, it's not very manly to cry like that for no reason." Elfman said to Evergreen and she huffed, "Guys, step back." Natsu warned the two, "Natsu...." Zeref said, looking in complete sadness.

"Fire dragon iron fist!!" Natsu attacked zeref and knocked him flat on the ground. But Zeref stands back up, thinking Natsu is ready to destroy him yet and starts to cry. "What is with this guy?" Happy stepped back and stood next to Evergreen. A black aura surrounds him again and starts to activate the Death Predation, which is out of his control.

"What is that?" Happy asked, becoming frantic.

"It's the same attack from earlier, everything it touches instantly dies!!" Elfman said, alerting Natsu. "Guys! Get out of here!" Natsu turned back to them and they started running, but Natsu wasn't fast enough. He is caught up in the blast, causing Happy to panic.

"Natsu!!!" Happy shouted, trying to go back for his best friend. "Don't be stupid, if you go back there. You'll get yourself killed." Elfman grabbed Happy and continued running, before they both jumped out of the way. Tsubaki feels the sudden energy again and drops to her knees, "Lucy," Cana called to Lucy, who turned to check what was going on. "Tsu, is it that energy you felt from earlier?" Lucy knelt down in front of her and Tsubaki nodded.

"Well that sucked," Natsu said, "You're alive!" Happy exclaimed, "What about him? It looked like he lost control." Natsu looked up at Happy, as a tree collapses. Evergreen stands up, "He's gone." Elfman looked at her, "You sound disappointed." He said and stood up. Natsu survived the blast because of his scarf.

"Natsu, your scarf is black." Evergreen pointed out and Natsu looked down at it. "That means his scarf saved him from the blast." Elfman said in awe.

Ethan and Ezra managed to get down to path, and found Master Makarov. "Oh, I see you two finally made it past the first part of the exam." Makarov gave them a stoic look, "Yeah, sorry we took so long, Master. Anyways, I was wondering if you've seen Lucky anywhere?" Ezra asked, scratching the back of his head.

"No, I haven't. Why? Is she with you two?" Makarov gazed at the two intently, "We got separated when we fought Hairi. Ethan kinda blew up the area, we were fighting in and we got separated from Lucky." Ezra explained to him, giving Ethan a look. "I'll keep a look out for her. You've already missed at least an hour, but for the second part of the trial is to find First Master Mavis's grave. You have 5 hours left." Makarov sat down, "Thanks Master!" The two ran off in a different direction to get started.

"You don't think Tsu is disappointed in us, right?" Ethan asked Ezra, with a funny look on his face. "Ethan, seriously. What's with the look on your face?" Ezra glowered at his twin and shook his head. "No. Anyways to answer your question, I think she knows that we put up a really good fight seeing as not even Master Makarov could tell if we had lost or won against Hairi." He gave his brother a reassuring smile, "Yeah, maybe you're right." Ethan smiled, as they continued running to look for Mavis's grave.

In the sky above the island the airship of Grimoire Heart, the third in the Balam Alliance. Hades, the master of Grimoire Heart, Ultear Milchovich and five other mages including Zancrow, Rustyrose, Capricorn, Kain Hikaru and Meredy, including Carson converse about the mysterious boy on the island who is more known as The legendary black wizard Zeref.

"Our goal is to ressurect Zeref but with Fairytail being on the island, I want the devils to destroy those fairies." Hades said, with a sinister look on his face.

Elfman and Natsu, despite being confronted by Zeref who they didn't know decided to keep going with the exam. Mest makes a sinister face, "Should I report back that I can feel his presence or should I wait a little longer?" Mest pondered for a while.

~~

Elsewhere on the island, the S-class trials participants continue to look for Mavis's grave. "Erza, do you think Wendy and Mest are alright?" Juvia asked, "I hope so, they should be. But i have a feeling something went wrong." Erza gave off a worried look, "I hope they are alright." Juvia gave Erza a small smile, telling her not to worry to much. "So where do you think the grave is, Lucy?" Cana asked, "Well, there were certain words that Master said when he mentioned First Master Mavis's grave. He said something about grave, meaning-" Tsubaki cut her off, "Luce, I think I know where the grave is." Tsubaki looked so enthusiastic about this.

Gray and Loke hid behind the bushes, eavesdropping on their conversation. While they're spying, a little dragon walked by freaking Loke out. So Gray tried to get rid of it, but it snapped at the two and Gray kicked it away. The same dragon walked out into the open, which was kicked away by Cana. Tsubaki grabbed Lucy and Cana's arm, dragging them away while Gray and Loke followed them.

On another path, Gajeel was beating down on a monster that he and Levy were formerly hiding from earlier. Lucky was high up, but was able to spot the blue haired girl. "Levy!!!!" She shouted, "Gajeel did you hear that?" Levy asked, and looked around. "Up there!" Gajeel pointed to Lucky, who came swooping down. She started crying, seeing Gajeel and Levy.

"What happened? Weren't you with Ethan and Ezra?" Levy asked, as the pink furred cat tackled her into a hug. "We got separated!" She cried, "Gajeel!!" Levy yelled, as Gajeel kept complaining about not having anything to fight.

"I can't believe we ended up on the path, with no monsters." Gajeel complained from beside Levy, who was holding on Lucky. "All you think about is fighting, you can't even think about me!" Levy yelled, "You get a bit bigger and stronger, if you want my attention." Gajeel smirked, making Levy smack him in the face with her purse and run off with Lucky still in her arms.

"You're a jerk, Gajeel!!" She yelled, as she ran off. "What just happened?" Gajeel asked himself, as he hit the ground. But as she runs off two figures attack her and Lucky almost killing the two, but luckily Gajeel got there in time.

"We are Kawazu and Yomazu. We are from Grimoire heart and have ordered to hunt down all the fairies." Yomazu slashes his sword, creating a character in the air that brings a deafening noise. Grimoire Heart finally makes their move against Fairy Tail in the battle for Zeref.