Ch. 5: The Excavation at Mt. Moon! Part 1

As we reach the entrance to Mt. Moon, Elaine was very impressed with my new Boulder Badge, as I was intrigued with her Old Amber from the museum.

Cameron: I hope we get even better.

Elaine: I hope so, too.

After letting our Pokémon get a check-up at the Pokémon Center, I was wanting to do something with Elaine. I had a great idea to help us better understand one another.

Cameron: Elaine...

Elaine turned to face me, with her full attention.

Cameron: ...I challenge you to a Pokémon battle!

Elaine: Wait, what? Where is this coming from all of a sudden??

Cameron: When we first met, I barely knew a thing about you. I'm just thinking here, a battle could help us get to know each other better. Do you think so too?

Elaine, still startled from the question, thought it over and thinly smiled.

Elaine: Ok, Cameron! I accept your challenge!

Cameron: Alright! It's battle time!

After our Pokémon were fixed up, Nurse Joy guided us to an indoor battlefield just from the floor above the healing center.

Nurse Joy: Don't worry, this room is equipped for heavy battles, so battle to your heart's content!

Cameron: Thank you so much, Ms. Joy!

Nurse Joy exited the room as we got prepared.

Cameron: Ready to roll?

Elaine: I guess... I never had a battle with a Trainer before.

Cameron: I'm lucky it's your first time, so go wild. I won't be holding back, either.

Elaine nodded at my words as she got ready.

Cameron: Let's go, Pikachu!

Pikachu jumped off my shoulder, ready for action!

Elaine: Evo, let's win this!

The Eevee excitedly jumped off Elaine's hat to the field as well.

Cameron: Pikachu, Thunder Shock!

Pikachu dispersed electricity toward Evo as it fired in a straight line!

Elaine: Evo, dodge and use Take Down!

The Eevee dodged the oncoming Thunder Shock and charged forward with great speed toward Pikachu.

Cameron: Clash with Eevee using Quick Attack!

Pikachu quickly ran toward Evo as well, but as the collision neared, we pulled our next attack instantly!

Cameron: Double Kick!

Elaine: Evo, Swift!

Pikachu jumped forward to kick Evo with all her might, but Evo fired star- shaped projectiles, and hit Pikachu directly!

Pikachu landed on its feet, fazed, but was still going.

Elaine: Evo, Swift!

Evo fired more star-shaped rays at Pikachu, but suddenly, Pikachu put up a psychic barrier that protected it from the attack.

Cameron: Whoa...

Elaine: Your Pikachu learned Light Screen!

Surprised, I was ready to use Pikachu's Light Screen to my advantage.

Cameron: Pikachu, use Quick Attack, in a sidestep motion!

Pikachu went from side to side, inventively waiting for another attack!

Elaine: Evo, Swift!

Evo fired another Swift, but...

Cameron: Pikachu, cover yourself with Light Screen!

Pikachu quickly coated itself with its Light Screen, deflecting the Swift attack.

Cameron: Use Thunder Shock!

Pikachu zapped Evo with a powerful Thunder Shock!

Elaine: What?!

Evo sat tired. Upon seeing her Eevee hurt...

Elaine: Okay, call it off! You win...

She picked up her Eevee before she went downstairs in a face of disappointment, so I followed her and sat down to comfort her.

Elaine: I'm sorry. I just don't like seeing Evo hurt like that.

Cameron: I didn't mean to. I was just a bit excited, that's all. Ready to traverse Mt. Moon?

Elaine slowly nodded as we healed our Pokémon and went for Mt. Moon. As we went in, I felt something else coming from behind us...

End of Chapter 5