Series 3 Chapter 26: A Tender Moment!

After a arduous trek, we reached Route 118, the path leading to Fortree City. We walked past extremely tall grass and took a break nearby a small lake.

May: Man, I never knew how exhausting walking could be. It's so painful!

Cameron: You'll get used to it. You head out for a walk, and you're suddenly miles from home!

Brendan: I nearly had that kind of occurrence back home.

As we sat in the shade of a sunny day, I saw something at the corner of my eye in the lake. I walked to the lake and saw a Pokémon. It was a small fish with gray scales and blue fins.

Pokédex: Feebas, the Fish Pokémon. A Water-type. This Pokémon is very hardy, able to survive anywhere. One downside is that it is slow and dimwitted, making it easy to catch.

The Feebas was unconscious. When I shook it awake, it shot hot water at my face!

Cameron: Owwww! Hey!

Feebas used Tackle and knocked me back!

Before I could go back, Feebas dove underwater.

Cameron: Darn.

When I saw something else submerged in the water, I leaned in to see it. When my nose was less than an inch from the water, I jerked back when I saw a giant pincer underneath!

The owner of the pincer shot out of the water: a Crawdaunt!

Pokédex: Crawdaunt, the Rouge Pokémon. A Water- and Dark-type. Crawdaunt molts its shell occasionally. After that, it stays in its territory until its shell hardens.

The Crawdaunt lifted its massive pincer and readied a Crabhammer!

Luckily, Pikachu was nearby, driving the Crawdaunt away with Electro Ball!

Brendan: A Crawdaunt? It's not common in this habitat.

Cameron: Wha?

Brendan: One was sighted nearby Petalburg City. I think the reason here is that Crawdaunt may be looking for new territory.

Cameron: How does it do that?

Brendan: It shows its dominance by showing its strength, fighting every Pokémon in its vicinity.

It wasn't over from there. In less than a second, other wild Pokémon were shot out of the lake. The last of them was the little Feebas. I quickly caught it in my hands.

The Feebas scalded me again once it landed.

Crawdaunt began to sharpen its pincers.

May: Blaziken, High Jump Kick!

Wally: Gallade, Close Combat!

Crawdaunt quickly reacted and instantly took both Pokémon down with Guillotine!

Pikachu jumped in with Iron Tail

Crawdaunt overpowered it with its Crabhammer, before finishing it off with Bubble Beam!

After escaping the lake, we were out in the forest. Feebas was still in my hands, but it fell asleep. When we saw a small clearing with a large riverbank, we walked over to let Feebas have a swim. Feebas was homesick, so it didn't move.

After settling a camp, a Pokémon emerged from the lake. It was over 20 feet long and was mesmerizing.

Pokédex: Milotic, the Tender Pokémon. A Water-type, and the evolved form of Feebas. Milotic is said to be the most beautiful Pokémon in the world. Milotic is very rare, and therefore, hard to locate.

Milotic kept a calm look at us, and then it turned to Feebas.

Milotic lets out a captivating roar, causing a rainstorm.

Cameron: Rain Dance.

Milotic then touches Feebas with its tail sending a pulsing sensation around it. The pulse grew bright, but nothing happened to Feebas. I examined the Pokémon (right after avoiding another Scald) and saw a rainbow-colored scale on its body.

Milotic then gestured both me and Feebas to come.

Cameron: You...want to battle?

The Tender Pokémon nodded to answer my question.

I excitedly was about to send out one of my Pokémon, but Milotic stopped me, wanting me to battle with Feebas.

Cameron: I see.... Okay, let's do it.

Feebas nodded.

Milotic began its attack with Twister!

Cameron: Watch out!

Feebas avoided the attack by diving under!

Milotic then used Surf, driving Feebas out, before landing a heavy hit with Aqua Tail!

Feebas landed on the grass!

Cameron: You okay?

Feebas shook off the hit and flopped back into the water.

Milotic quickly trapped Feebas with Wrap!

Cameron: Feebas!

Milotic then flung Feebas over me with Brutal Swing!

I ran over to save Feebas, reaching it before it landed on a large rock!

Feebas was sad. It was easily outmatched.

Cameron: Feebas. you may be small and inexperienced, but you are a brave, strong-willed soul. You win some, and you lose some, but the main thing about battles are growth. You grow with each battle. You'll gain sharper senses. You'll get stronger and stronger along the way. So, are you ready to keep going?

Feebas was surprised to hear this from me. So surprised, it enveloped itself in a bright light. It grew incredibly large, gaining a strong tail and a snake-like posture. Feebas evolved into Milotic!

Milotic quietly stared at me and knelt for a hug. I gracefully accepted Milotic's request, happily embracing the Pokémon by its neck.

After that, Milotic and I returned to the river to continue the battle. Before we did anything, the wild Milotic dove back into the river.

We were surprised that it left so suddenly, but we decided to put a pin on it.

Cameron: Well, your home has been taken by Crawdaunt, so where will you go now, Milotic?

Milotic sulked down. She had nowhere else to go. Except...

Milotic slowly came to my face and pointed to my bag. I rummaged around it until I took out a Dive Ball. Milotic nodded at the sight of it.

Cameron: You want to come with me?

Milotic answered my question by tapping the Dive Ball, signaling its successful catch with a click!

Cameron: Thanks, Milotic.

Wally: Let's keep going. We're almost to Fortree City.

Cameron: You got it!

We exited the clearing and got back on the path to Fortree City.

End of Chapter 26