Series 2 Chapter 5: Swift Like a Butterfree, Stinging Like a Beedrill!

We finally made it to Violet City! The place was big, and we nearly got lost from sightseeing!

After arriving at an building called Sprout Tower, we went inside to see monks training each other's Pokémon. From the way it looked, they were all Bellsprout!

A man who wasn't training came to greet us.

Sage: Greetings, young Trainers! Welcome to one of the pinnacles of Pokémon training: Sprout Tower. Here, we etch the bonds with our Pokémon and create memories with one another. Would you like to train here?

Both me and Ethan nodded as we separately trained with our partners.
We diligently trained with the sages as we bonded with our partner Pokémon.

After our difficult training session, we spoke to the elder of Sprout Tower.

Elder: You two are indeed loving to your Pokémon and flourishing in delight. You two shall face me in a Double Battle.

Not long after he challenged us, he sent out not only a Bellsprout, but a Hoothoot of his own as well!

Cameron: Pikachu, let's go!

Ethan: You too, Cyndaquil!

Both Pokémon gave a happy and ambitious expression at us.

Cameron: Pikachu...

Ethan: Cyndaquil...

Both: Use Quick Attack!

Pikachu and Cyndaquil ran across the battlefield from side to side, attempting to confuse their enemies.

Elder: Bellsprout, use Wrap on Cyndaquil!

Bellsprout restrained Cyndaquil with Wrap!

Cameron: Help Cyndaquil! Use Iron Tail!

Pikachu bonked Bellsprout on the head with Iron Tail, loosening its grip on Cyndaquil!

Elder: Hoothoot, use Peck on Cyndaquil!

The Hoothoot attempted to peck Cyndaquil!

Ethan: Use Rollout!

Cyndaquil started rolling and barreled over Hoothoot defeating the Flying-type in one hit!

Bellsprout was the only one left!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Ethan: Use Ember!

Both Pokémon fired their attacks, but Bellsprout dodged them by swaying its thin body!

Elder: Be fast, and be strong. Only then you can win.

We decided to pull a strategy. Cyndaquil used Quick Attack, running in circles around Bellsprout! Pikachu was about to use Thunder, but Pikachu channeled its electricity into an electric orb. Pikachu then flung the orb to Bellsprout, defeating it!

Ethan: Sweet! Your Pikachu learned Electro Ball!

Upon Pikachu learning its new move, Ethan's Cyndaquil became enveloped in a bright light. It gained a more serious appearance and grew in body length. Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava!

Quilava showed off its new move: Flame Wheel!

The Elder faced us with a delightful smile on his face.

Elder: You did it. Your bond with your Pokémon reached a new milestone! To reward you for your unconditional love for your Pokémon, I make you two honorary visitors to Sprout Tower. You can come for training anytime.

We thanked the Elder as we left. Just as we stepped out, a girl faced us.

Girl: So, you two are Trainers, huh?

We both nodded. The girl looked a bit shady, but when she stepped from the shadow, she was the complete opposite.

Kris: The name's Kris. I'm also a Trainer and an assistant to Professor Elm. I wish to join you two in your adventure. Your battle with the Elder was impressive. I wish to see more from you.

We exchanged an unsure but willing glance at each other before accepting Kris's request to join us.

Kris: I will be of great service to you two. I shall be spending the night at the Pokémon Center. You should too.

In the blink of an eye, Kris walked speedily to the Pokémon Center. We shrugged as we followed her.

We had a crazy day. A bit of rest is what we need.

End of Chapter 5