Series 3 Chapter 1: First Battles in the Hoenn Region!

Once Brendan and I left the harbor at Route 103, the boy led me to his hometown of Littleroot. Smelling the fresh air was soothing and nice. About less than a mile to town, Brendan challenged me to a battle.

Brendan: We just met, and I'd ought to see how strong that Pikachu is!

And so, we had an amazing battle! Once Brendan sent Skarmy in, I knew it would be a hard opponent in terms of speed.

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt!

Brendan: Skarmy, use Air Cutter!

The Skarmory blew an updraft and used Air Cutter!

The two Pokémon engaged in combat for a while. After an unending outcome on both sides, we called the match off.

We continued on and finally arrived in Littleroot Town. The place was small and nice, just like Pallet Town. Brendan showed me around his home and introduced me to his father, who happened to be the region's professor, Professor Birch! Before he could show me the region's Starter Pokémon, he had to go out for fieldwork. Brendan and I rested in his room and heard a moving truck. A girl and her mother moved in to the house next to Brendan's.

Once they were finished, she came to visit.

May: Hello? My name is May. I just moved here from Olivine City.

We greeted the young girl while we tended to our Pokémon.

Brendan: Hey, May! I'm Brendan. And this is Cameron!

I waved at May. She nervously waved back. She told us that she came to Hoenn to start off a new life. She was amazed at our Pokémon and gave her the feeling of being a Trainer.

We all decided to check out Route 101 and search for Professor Birch. Once we reached the area, however...

Professor Birch: H-Help me!!

We all ran to see the professor running from a wild Zigzagoon! He was soon cornered and saw all three of us!

Professor Birch: You three over there! Help me! In my bag, there are some Pokémon!

We all ran and sent out the Hoenn region's Starters: Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip! I felt a bond with Treecko, while May and Brendan picked the Fire- and Water-type starter respectively. We all teamed up to take down the Zigzagoon!

Once we scared the Pokémon away, Professor Birch looked at all three of us.

Professor: Thank you so much! You saved my hide!

He got a little confused when he focused his attention on May.

Professor Birch: Who is she?

Brendan: This is May. She just moved to Littleroot recently. She already has the greatest potential as a Pokémon Trainer.

May blushed at the compliment.

Professor Birch: Then, you should pick a Pokémon!

May: I think I already did.

We saw May petting her adorable new Torchic.

May: I'll name you...Chic.

Chic jumped up. It loved its new name.

Brendan turned out to have chosen Mudkip as well, as he gave it some water to moisturize it.

That left me and Treecko. The Grass-type was content and decided to tag with me.

Now that we got our new Pokémon, we can start our journey together!

End of Chapter 1