Series 2 Chapter 21: The Steel-Clad Defense Girl!

Once we reached Olivine's port and got a free room at the Pokémon Center, I rushed to the Gym to face Jasmine. Before I ran over, Dragonite decided to go back home and relax at Professor Oak's lab. I said goodbye to Dragonite and sent her back home via PC.

After I walked into the Gym, I saw Jasmine, who waited for me as she promised.

Jasmine: I appreciate what you did for Amphy, so I want to make sure we have an amazing battle to return the favor. I challenge you to a two-on-two single battle.

Jasmine sent out her first Pokémon: Magnemite!

I sent out Pikachu!

Jasmine: Use Thunderbolt!

The Magnemite fired a Thunderbolt!

Cameron: Dodge and use Iron Tail!

Pikachu dodged the Thunderbolt and hit Magnemite with Iron Tail!

Jasmine: Use Iron Defense!

Magnemite hardened its steel exterior, heightening its defense.

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt!

Jasmine: Use Flash Cannon!

Magnemite fired a beam of light at the Thunderbolt attack! The two moves caused an explosion on impact!

Jasmine: Magnemite, Flash Cannon!

Cameron: Dodge it!

Pikachu avoided another Flash Cannon!

Cameron: Jump!

Pikachu jumped above Magnemite!

Cameron: Use Electro Ball!

Pikachu defeated Magnemite with Electro Ball!

Cameron: Good job, Pikachu! Want to keep going?

Pikachu saw me clutching Cyndaquil's Poke Ball tightly. Wanting to let it battle, Pikachu cordially refuses!

I sent out Cyndaquil after Pikachu returned to my shoulder. Cyndaquil was ready for anything!

Jasmine sends in her last Pokémon: Steelix!

Cyndaquil felt a little nervous, but I reassured it. Cyndaquil faced its opponent with the sight of strength.

Jasmine: Use Rock Throw!

Steelix attacked with Rock Throw!

Cameron: Dodge it with Quick Attack!

Cyndaquil evaded Rock Throw with Quick Attack!

Cameron: Use Flame Charge!

Cyndaquil dashed towards Steelix with Flame Charge!

Jasmine: Use Iron Tail!

Steelix attempted to subdue Cyndaquil with Iron Tail!

Cameron: Flamethrower!

Cyndaquil fought back the Iron Tail with Flamethrower! Cyndaquil won the struggle, but Jasmine caught her moment!

Jasmine: Use Double-Edge!

Cameron: Clash with it using Flame Charge!

Cyndaquil charged forward and clashed with Steelix's Double-Edge! When Cyndaquil began to get overwhelmed, it engulfed itself in flames and rolled, causing a critical hit!

Cameron: Cyndaquil, you learned Flame Wheel!

Jasmine: Not bad! I can use that! Rock Throw!

Steelix fired another Rock Throw!

Cameron: Smash through it with Flame Wheel!

Cyndaquil charged into the Rock Throw with its new Flame Wheel and defeated Steelix!

Jasmine was completely surprised at her defeat! After returning her Steelix, she walked over and gave me a handshake.

Jasmine: What an exciting battle! Again, I would like to thank you for helping Amphy! I owe you a lot!

Cameron: That battle was just all I needed. You're welcome, Jasmine!

Jasmine waved goodbye as I left her Gym. I bumped into the others, who just came back from Route 39, but something was different. Kris and Ethan's partners were fully evolved, they had new Pokémon, and had grown a lot!

Cameron: What happened when I left?

Ethan: It's a long story...

Cameron: I can take it!

We walked to our next destination as Ethan told me of his amazing adventure!

End of Chapter 21