Series 3 Chapter 41: The Icy Beauty of Glacia!

Today is the Hoenn League finals! I discovered my opponent yesterday during the other semifinals match. A woman named Glacia and her Glalie defeated their opponent with only a single Ice Beam! I can't let her get the best of me.

Cameron: Even if I use a type advantage, Glacia can find a way through that. I need a dead ringer against her!

Pikachu walked and volunteered to battle Glacia's Pokémon, whomever it is. I breathed a sigh of relief and hugged my partner.

Cameron: Thanks, Pikachu. You are the best Pokémon a Trainer could ask for.

After relaying any counter strategies for Glacia, it was time for the finals!

Once we stepped to the field, Glacia acknowledged me.

Glacia: Hello. I remember how you defeated Phoebe in the semifinals, but trust me, I am much harder than her. You just get ready for anything and give me an excellent battle!

Glacia sent out her Glalie!

Cameron: Good luck, Pikachu!

Pikachu ran out onto the field and faced the opponent.

Pokédex: Glalie, the Face Pokémon. An Ice-type. Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. It can freeze an entire lake solid and regulate its temperature!

Cameron: Let's be careful.

Pikachu nodded and started off running!

Glacia: Stop Pikachu with Blizzard!

Glalie blasted a heavy blizzard from its mouth!

Pikachu avoided the Blizzard, but Glalie kept on her by moving the blizzard to where she moved!

Pikachu was beginning to slow down from facing a head-on Blizzard!

Cameron: Spin around and use Iron Tail!

Pikachu used Iron Tail and spun around, dispersing the Blizzard!

Cameron: Use Mega Kick!

Pikachu went in and scored the first bit of damage with Mega Kick!

Glacia: Got you! Glalie, use Crunch!

Glalie scored a good hit on Pikachu with Crunch!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Pikachu fired a Thunderbolt!

Glacia: Use Ice Beam!

Glalie clashed with Pikachu's Thunderbolt with Ice Beam! Pikachu began getting overpowered!

Cameron: Oh no! Come on, Pikachu! You can do it! We've come all this way, and we can't give up! Give that Thunderbolt all you've got!

Pikachu, inspired by my words of encouragement, powered up her Thunderbolt! The electricity turned blue and overwhelmed Ice Beam, dealing massive damage on Glalie!

Cameron: Use Iron Tail!

Pikachu used Iron Tail and jumped toward Glalie!

Glacia: Use Headbutt!

The attacks landed directly on their targets, causing both to collapse!

We both waited to see who would get up first. A long 5 minutes of hope ultimately came short. Glalie managed to get back on its feet. We lost the finals....

I sat for a minute, taking in the loss. However, I began to smile! I was happy I lost! Even if this was my second loss in a row, I enjoyed that battle nonetheless!

I walked over to the field to pick up Pikachu. She felt a bit disappointed that we came up short.

Cameron: Don't worry. We had fun and never gave up. That's one thing we can cherish!

Pikachu lightened up and licked my nose!

Glacia stopped to speak before turning to leave.

Glacia: That battle truly was fabulous! You care a whole lot for Pikachu. You two must be great friends!

Cameron: Pikachu's been by my side ever since I caught her in Kanto. Her personality what makes her lovable!

Glacia chuckled at my affection for Pikachu. The bond between Trainer and Pokémon gave her pure amusement!

Glacia: I hope you and Pikachu stay friends for a very long time!

I thanked Glacia for her words and shook hands with her before turning to leave.

After returning to the waiting room, May, Brendan and Wally congratulated me for my effort!

May: That battle was amazing!

Brendan: Who knew you and Pikachu were so tough together?

Wally: I hope I can get as strong as you someday!

Cameron: Thanks, guys! You saw a whole lot from in here, huh?

May: Yes, we did!

Cameron: Well, we can start thinking of some extra plans after I get Pikachu fixed up.

After Pikachu was treated, we set off from the stadium to think of extra plans. Our journey was over, but we can do a few more adventures before we part ways.

Cameron: I know! You guys can come home with me!

Brendan: To Kanto? That would be nice!

Wally: I'm in as well! I've never been outside of Hoenn before.

May: Sure!

Cameron: Alright! Let's take the next ferry to Vermillion City and start from there!

And so, we got on a nearby ferry and set off to Vermillion City!

End of Chapter 41