Ch. 28: The Hotheaded Quiz Master!

Cameron: Dragonair, use Dragon Breath!

Dragonair fired a breath of draconic energy from its mouth. I was helping Dragonair get stronger. I was going to start with her for the Gym battle.

As I trained with my team, we all had team meeting, showing we were ready for anything!

After Elaine caught up with us, we went inside the Gym, and it was ironically small. All it had were chairs, a stage and cameras. Two cameras.

Blaine: Welcome to my Gym, Trainer! All you have to do is answer a few questions. Do that, and you got a one-way invitation to a Gym battle!

The quiz was easy. I only battled one Trainer for accidentally getting a question wrong. Aside from that, things went well. Blaine stepped up towards a hidden battlefield behind the stage.

Blaine: Flareon, battle time!

Blaine's Flareon ran to its Trainer's side.

Cameron: Dragonair, let's go!

Dragonair exclaimed a loud yell upon its send out!

We took our positions on the field.

Blaine: Flareon, use Flamethrower!

Flareon fired a Flamethrower!

Cameron: Use Dragon Breath!

Dragonair clashed its Dragon Breath with Flamethrower! The impact caused a explosion!

Cameron: Use Thunder!

Dragonair zapped Flareon with Thunder!

Blaine: Use Double-Edge!

Flareon charged into Dragonair with Double-Edge!

Cameron: Dragon Dance!

Dragonair extended the wings on its head and started dancing whilst airborne, raising its speed and attack power.

Blaine: Use Fire Spin!

Flareon was about to trap Dragonair, but...

Cameron: Use Extreme Speed!

Dragonair vanished in the speed of a second! Flareon is unaware of where it went until Dragonair hit it from multiple directions!

Blaine: Use Will-O-Wisp!

Flareon spat a bluish-white flame, and when it touched Dragonair, it burned her.

Cameron: Dragonair!

Dragonair reacted to the burn by shedding its skin. The burn it had was gone!

Cameron: I remember that Ability! It's Shed Skin!

Dragonair nodded at the realization and determinedly faced Flareon. It was still standing in spite of the many hits from Extreme Speed.

Cameron: Dragon Breath!

Dragonair fired another Dragon Breath!

Blaine: Dodge it and use Flare Blitz!

Flareon dodges the attack and overwhelms Dragonair with Flare Blitz!

Cameron: You did a good job.

I was going to return Dragonair to its Poké Ball, but Dragonair slithered to my side. She wanted to watch the battle from the sidelines.

Cameron: Okay. You can watch.

Dragonair happily smiled at my agreement.

Cameron: Pikachu, let's go!

Pikachu jumped onto the field.

Dragonair watched closely...

Blaine: Use Flamethrower!

Cameron: Use Thunderbolt!

Both moves clashed, creating a massive explosion!

Blaine: Double-Edge!

Cameron: Quick Attack!

Both Pokémon charged at each other with all of their might! Before Flareon landed...

Cameron: Thunder!

Pikachu slammed Flareon to the ground with Thunder!

Flareon was defeated!

Blaine: Kid, you're more than Trainer: you are a true master! Since you won, here is the Volcano Badge!

Cameron: Thank you.

Blaine: And one more thing: I'll teach any Fire Pokémon on your team a new move.

And so, Blaine taught Charizard an amazing new move: Blast Burn!

After leaving the Gym and heading to Route 22...

Elaine: We're getting close to Pallet Town.

Cameron: Well, I guess we'll spend the night at my house and head for the final Gym.

Our adventure is really coming to an end...

I hope we can meet up occasionally after we head home.

Cameron: No matter what happens, let's get the final badge and win the Pokémon League Tournament!

Elaine: Okay!

End of Chapter 28