Series 3 Chapter 2: The Adventure is Near!

After spending the night at May's house, her mom gave us and our Pokémon snacks to keep us going on the trip around Hoenn!

As we set out on Route 101, May attempted to catch a new Pokémon, but it beat Chic and escaped...

May: Man, that was the third one that escaped today!

Cameron: You'll find luck, May! Don't give up. In fact, you should get your Pokémon fixed up before we go any further. Route 102 is our next obstacle.

After healing our Pokémon, we continued on to Route 102. We saw a multitude of Pokémon! Perfect for all three of us.

Cameron: Alright, everyone! Let's see who can catch a new Pokémon in one hour and bond with it. Rendezvous here after time's up.

And so, we split up and went to find a wild Pokémon. After a sharp hour, we met back and showed each other our new Pokémon.

May: I caught a Surskit!

May's Surskit hid behind her in timidity.

Brendan: I managed to find a Zigzagoon.

Zigzagoon ran around the route at high speed!

I was a little down, because I couldn't find a Pokémon that fit me.

After setting up camp, we sat and played with our Pokémon. Pikachu and Treecko felt my disappointment and wanted to help. Pikachu patted my face and pointed to a forest area.

Cameron: Are you sure?

Pikachu nodded.

I decided to take my chances and enter the area. I walked into the forest and searched for a Pokémon. I walked and walked until I hit a den. Upon the impact, a pack of angry Poochyena jumped out. They had business with me!

I slowly stepped back and accidentally aroused them further when I tripped.

The Pokémon jumped to attack when a little Pokémon with green hair appeared and fought the Poochyena. She was so agile, I couldn't see her!

With one Shadow Ball, the Poochyena were scared away. I owed my life to that little one!

Once I turned to thank it, it was already gone.

By the time I reached camp, Brendan and May were relieved that I came back. After cleaning up, I took a small nap. A half hour later, I suddenly felt something on me. I turned and saw the Pokémon that saved me. It was called Ralts, as I checked its entry in the Pokédex.

Cameron: Hi...

The Ralts waved back in response.

Cameron: I remember you saving me. I owe you one.

Ralts blushed at the compliment. She floated off of me and was about to leave when she suddenly stopped. She turned and used psychic power to get a Poké Ball. She read my mind and decided to join me. From the looks of it, she felt lonely as well.

I nodded as she put the Ball above and tapped on her head. With three small vibrations, the ball clicked, completing the catch.

I felt happy until our old adversaries, the angry pack of Poochyena, returned. This time, they brought their leader with them. The leader was twice as large as his pack members!

I sent Treecko into battle, while Brendan and May stood in the sidelines!

The leader Poochyena attacked with Bite!

Cameron: Use Pound!

Treecko pounded the Bite Pokémon with its thick tail!

The Poochyena grabbed Treecko by the tail and flung him to a nearby tree!

Cameron: Jump off the tree with Quick Attack!

Treecko jumped from the tree and above the entire Poochyena pack!

Treecko took a deep breath and fired a barrage of seeds at the entire pack, defeating them all!

The mega Poochyena still stood, and refused to fall!

Ralts came out of her Ball and finished the job with Magical Leaf!

The Poochyena pack soon fled in defeat!

After the events of the day, died down, we slept as we camped out under the moonlight.

End of Chapter 2