Series 2 Chapter 14: A Contest for Four!

Our group, now including Gym Leader Whitney is heading to the National Park. We were going to compete in the Bug-Catching Contest!

Whitney: This'll be awesome. I only brought my Miltank with me, so a new Pokémon is awesome.

Cameron: You know a about the beneficial part of the contest, right?

Whitney: Yep. You get to keep the Pokémon you catch.

Cameron: I'm out of it, unfortunately. My team is full, since I have the Egg with me. You guys have fun.

After we reached the gate, we stopped at the registration booth as Ethan, Kris and Whitney signed up for the Bug-Catching Contest.

After that, the others were off to catch a Pokémon.

After a while, I felt a little bored, so I asked a receptionist if non-competitors can still explore the park during the contest. She said yes, as long as I didn't disrupt the contestants.

I walked around as I saw Ethan on one end, while Kris was in the taller grass and Whitney was fighting a Bug Pokémon. I quietly stepped over and saw her battling a Heracross. After a difficult struggle, she caught it!

Ethan was battling a Yanma. Quilava was outclassed in speed, but Ethan managed to catch it when his Quilava learned Flamethrower!

Kris was battling an Ariados. She used her Teddiursa, which turned out be even stronger than I imagined! With one final set of Fury Swipes, she caught it! Upon her successful catch, her Teddiursa evolved into Ursaring and learned Hammer Arm!

In the final results, the winner was...a Bug Catcher who managed to catch a strong Pinsir!

None of them won. What a shame...

After the three were allowed to keep their new Pokémon, I was proud they did their best. When I said so, Kris and Ethan were really down from their loss, while Whitney gave me a happy hug for the compliment!

After I returned a happy smile, my Egg began to hatch! It revealed the very Pokémon Ethan chose: Cyndaquil, but, unlike Ethan's, Cyndaquil had brown fur. The Cyndaquil took a look at my face and relaxed, but it tensed up when it saw the others.

Cameron: I guess it's a bit timid and nervous, but it'll get used to us.

After 5 minutes of silence, the receptionist spoke up about our issue.

Receptionist: If you want something else to do, you should visit the Pokéathlon Dome.

Cameron: What's that.

The receptionist explained that the Pokéathlon Dome was the home for Olympic-based sports and athletic events for Pokémon and Trainer. Every word she explained excited us all!

In a speedy manner, we headed to the dome at ONCE!

Who knew we'd have a new event to remember?!

End of Chapter 14