Series 3 Chapter 16: The Man With a Shocking Personality!

After a restless day and night, we set off to the Mauville Gym. Once we entered the Gym, we saw electric currents in a decorative arch. At the end of the hall, we saw the Gym Leader, Wattson, defeating a Trainer who was battling him.

Wattson: Hahaha! You did your best. Keep on training and challenge me again anytime.

The Trainer walked away as we stepped up to Wattson.

Wattson: So, you're here for a Gym battle? Let's get started! I just finished getting this city renovated, so I am fired up! I'm going to electrocute you!

He sent out his partner Pokémon, Manectric!

Cameron: Taillow, time to prove your power!

Taillow warmed up by flying in circles, showing its readyness to battle.

Wattson: Let's hope that Tallow can last. Manectric, Thunder Fang!

Manectric electrified its teeth and jumped towards Taillow!

Cameron: Dodge it and use Peck on its side!

Tallow dodged the Thunder Fang and struck Manectric with Peck!

Wattson: Discharge!

Taillow was heavily attacked by a super-effective Discharge! Tallow began getting tired, so I had an opportunity to use...

Cameron: Reversal!

Taillow's wings began to glow red. Taillow knocked Manectric on its head, dealing significant damage!

Wattson: Manectric, Quick Attack!

Manectric lunges forward at high speed!

Cameron: Agility!

Taillow divebombs towards Manectric, increasing its speed!

Taillow dodged the Quick Attack!

Wattson: Use Thunder Fang!

Manectric scored a hit at Tallow with Thunder Fang!

Taillow got paralyzed from the attack, but the bird Pokémon began to radiate a white aura.

Cameron: Taillow, are you alright?

Taillow stretched its wings and gave a gutsy nod.

Brendan: That's Taillow's Ability Guts! If Taillow has a status problem, its attack power heightens!

Not only that the paralysis weakened Taillow, it gained the drive it needed to make its comeback!

Tallow let out a loud yell, enveloping itself on a bright light. Its tail grew in size, and its wings gained powerful strength. Taillow evolved into Swellow!

Swellow soon flew up and dropped down, charging at Manectric and fazing it at high speed. Swellow learned Brave Bird!

Wattson: Hahaha! Your Swellow sure is gutsy, but an evolution hasn't finished this battle. Manectric, use Discharge!

Manectric fired another Discharge!

Cameron: Swellow, power on through! Use Brave Bird!

Swellow used another Brave Bird, blasting through the Discharge and defeating Manectric!

Wattson, surprised at the comeback we made, laughed in delight!

Wattson: You know, I've seen tons of Trainers who won with skills or strength. You, however, have both. That Swellow sure is a bonafide fighter! Here you go!

Wattson rewarded me with the Dynamo Badge. Taking the badge, I thanked Wattson for the battle. He just laughed and said that he will challenge me for a rematch someday.

After we left, we went to the Pokémon Center and decided our next destination: Verdanturf Town!

May: Why there?

Cameron: I feel like I want to visit Wally after our battle yesterday. I want to ask him something. Plus, I heard Rusturf Tunnel is almost finished.

Brendan: We can help out over at the tunnel if the crew needs it, especially since those Whismur react by loud yelling.

Cameron: That settles it, then. Verdanturf Town is our next stop!

After buying another pack of food, we set off westbound to Verdanturf Town!

End of Chapter 16