Series 4 Chapter 25: The Iron Island Crisis!

Once we arrived to Canalave City, I sulked as I plopped onto a seat at the Pokémon Center. The outcome to my battle with Palmer was a draw, yet the match was heavily one-sided.

Elaine: I knew Palmer was strong. You knew what you were expecting, yet you also didn't.

Cameron: I know already! Prinplup had the type advantage, but not the strength to put that advantage to light...

Riley: Turns out you need more training, especially since your next Gym is here.

Cameron: True.

I thought it over on Riley's mentioning of Iron Island.

Cameron: How about we head to Iron Island?

Riley: Really? That would be great! You will love the place, I promise!

And so, we all took a boat to Iron Island. Turns out, the island was brimming with Trainers!

Riley: Trainers from all over Sinnoh come to train here. Me and Lucario also live here.

Cheryl: Isn't that nice? But isn't all this training breaking the tranquility here?

Riley: We've gotten used to seeing Trainers here, so I'll be fine.

We walked into a nearby cave, where tons of wild Pokémon were digging and roaming. When a wild Steelix appeared behind us, Prinplup fought and defeated it!

Cameron: Look at that! Great job, Prinplup!

Prinplup nodded before searching for more wild Pokémon to fight! After beating five more wild Pokémon, Prinplup was willing to test its might on Trainers. When I couldn't find anyone, Dawn decided to volunteer.

Dawn: I'd like to battle you. I've never been able to ask you for a battle ever since we left Sandgem Town, so best time to ask is now, right?

Cameron: Yeah, I agree with you. Let's do it!

And so, me and Dawn started our battle.

Elaine: Have fun, you two!

Riley: Bring out your best in each other!

Cheryl: And good luck!

Dawn's first Pokémon was her Drifblim, while I put Cacnea in the spotlight!

Dawn: We have the advantage, so let's get fast about it. Use Psychic!

Drifblim began to emanate psychic energy!

Cameron: Cacnea, use Needle Arm to plant your arms in the ground!

Cacnea punched into ground with Needle Arm, preventing Drifblim from lifting it up!

Dawn: Good move! But here comes the surprise! Shadow Ball!

Drifblim knocks Cacnea back with Shadow Ball!

Cameron: Pin Missile!

Cacnea launches its Pin Missile!

Dawn: Phantom Force!

Drifblim disappeared instantly!

Cacnea waited for Drifblim to appear. Once it did, Cacnea was hit from behind! Luckily, it retaliated by firing arrows of dark energy, dealing impressive damage! Cacnea learned Payback!

Before either of us pulled another attack, an explosion was heard above! We quickly went up and found the cause: Team Galactic! This time, it was Mars leading a group once again!

Mars: Oh. It's you. I definitely have a bone to pick with you brats.

Mars sent out her Purugly once again! A grunt sent out a Draping as well to help her!

Pokédex: Drapion, the Ogre Scorpion Pokémon. A Poison- and Dark-type, and the evolved form of Skorupi. Drapion submerges into the soil to scope out prey. Once a potential victim is near, it uses it clawed arms to weaken its prey by squeezing them.

Cameron: Dawn, can you help me?

Dawn: On it!

Riley: We'll handle the other Grunts. Good luck!

Me and Dawn sent out our partners!

Dawn: Luxray, let's help out our friends! Use Electric Terrain!

Luxray sent an electric current through the battlefield, increasing both Pokémon's electricity!

Mars: That's not going to make me lose! Purugly, Shadow Claw!

Grunt: Drapion, Night Slash!

Both Pokémon charged ahead toward Pikachu!

Dawn: Luxray, help Pikachu with Crunch!

Luxray blocked Drapion with Crunch, but faced a heavy attack from Purugly's Shadow Claw!

Cameron: Pikachu, use Thunderbolt on Purugly!

Dawn: Throw Drapion back and use Wild Charge!

Pikachu scored a critical hit with Thunderbolt, while Luxray flung Drapion back and tackled it with Wild Charge! Before it reached Drapion, the electricity around it dispersed and became neutral, defeating Drapion in one hit! Luxray learned Giga Impact!

Cameron: Nice one, Dawn and Luxray!

Dawn: Thank you!

Luxray purred for its praise!

Cameron: Now let's deal with Mars! Pikachu, Mega Kick!

Dawn: Luxray, Swift!

The two Electric-types defeated Mars' Purugly using the power of teamwork!

Mars, left with one option, attempts to run!

Elaine: Not yet! Rotom, use Electroweb!

Rotom trapped Mars with Electroweb, zapping her on impact!

Cameron: You lose, Mars!

Mars: Ugh! Fine! You may have won, but when we initiate the final phase of our plan, you, along with your band of brats, will be erased from our problems, once and for all!

Mars calls a retreat order, leaving Iron Island!

Riley: We've done it.

Cameron: We sure have! But the real topic is why Team Galactic was here in the first place.

Cheryl: True. We don't know what is going on about them.

Dawn: And what Mars said really is threatening....

Cameron: We'll find out more later. For now, let's keep our journey going.

Riley: Very well. I am anticipating your next Gym Battle.

Cameron: Me too. I'm ready to face a warrior as strong as steel!

As we took a boat back to Canalave City, I mellowed over which Pokémon to use for the battle. Honchkrow will go first, Monferno second, and Prinplup will go last.

Once we arrived at Canalave City, Roark was waiting by the dock.

Cameron: Hey, Roark! What are you doing here?

Roark: I'm just here to visit my dad.

Cameron: Your dad? Who is he?

Roark laughed a little before answering.

Roark: You'll see.

End of Chapter 25