Series 2 Chapter 26: The Town of Dragon Tamers!

As we explored Blackthorn City, we saw Trainers owning Dratini, Dragonair and Dragonite. Others had Horsea or Seadra.

All these Trainers reminded me of Lance!

I asked a person who lives here about the Trainers. She explained that Blackthorn City is the birthplace of Dragon Tamers. They have been training with Dragon-type Pokémon for ages!

Cameron: Impressive. My Dragonite would've loved this place!

We explored the town a bit more as we got a free room at the Pokémon Center. After that, the others gave me a free pass to challenge the Gym. On my way there, I saw a woman with blue hair gazing down a riverbank. I stepped over to speak to her as she turned.

???: Hm? You must be a Trainer, right?

I nodded as an answer.

The woman introduced herself as Clair, a master Dragon Tamer. She read my curiosity about the riverbank and told me it led to the Dragon's Den. She said I may enter it if I defeat the Gym Leader.

Clair: I wish you luck on your battle. You're going to need it.

She walked away in my direction.

I decided that if I was going to stand a chance against the Gym Leader, I needed to train hard. I decided to battle every Dragon Tamer in town. When I began my training session, I won some battles, while I lost some. Pidgeot learned Sky Attack, Steelix learned Dragon Pulse, and Larvitar learned Dark Pulse!

As we took a long rest from training, another Trainer stepped up to battle. She had a bandana on her head and fingerless gloves.

Trainer: Hello. I would like to battle you!

She sent out a Pokémon from the Hoenn region, known as Swampert.

I decided for one last battle before heading back to the Center, sending out Meganium.

Trainer: Swampert, use Rock Slide!

Swampert dropped a landslide of rocks at Meganium!

Cameron: Get rid of them with Petal Blizzard!

Meganium kicked up a flurry of leaves and protected herself from the Rock Slide!

Cameron: Now, use Body Slam!

Meganium jumped and slammed its whole body on Swampert!

Trainer: Knock it off with Focus Blast!

Swampert created a projectile from its willpower and blasted Meganium off!

Meganium shook off the hit!

Cameron: She's okay! Ready?!

Meganium pridefully nodded and readied a Solar Beam!

Trainer: Use Hydro Pump!

Swampert fired a Hydro Pump just as Meganium finished charging its Solar Beam!

The two moves clashed in a powerful struggle! Meganium tried its best, but ultimately lost the tussle and was beaten!

I was surprised at the loss, but excited about this Trainer. I ran over and thanked her for the match.

Trainer: No biggie. I'd always love to battle you again. Also, my name's Jenny!

Jenny walked away as I walked in the opposite direction to meet up with the others.

I hope the Johto League will give me battling access to a ton of Trainers! I can't wait to earn my last badge!

End of Chapter 26