Series 2 Chapter 28: The Test of a Trainer's Bond! Part 2

I knew this next task was put out so desperately, but I couldn't turn it down.

Clair: Your new task is to head to the Dragon's Den and speak with the elder. He will test if you are worthy of the final badge. Now run along!

Her taunting laugh at my supposed "failure" still rung in my mind...

I rode Pidgeot to follow along the riverbank. After reaching the river's end, a tunnel stood at the shoreline. I went inside and walked deep into the den to find a shrine. I walked into the shrine and met the elder.

Elder: Why, hello. I heard Clair sent you here. I am the elder of the Dragon's Den. Shall we move on to the test?

Before I answered, a loud and horrifying roar was heard outside!

Me and the elder found a wild Kingdra, slightly larger than the one I saw in the Indigo League, being netted by old enemies.

The Kingdra broke free and tried to wash away the poachers with Hydro Pump, but the poachers persisted!

I had to help it, and fast!

Me and Pikachu attacked the poachers and their Pokémon! Meganium popped out and freed Kingdra with Petal Blizzard!

The poachers became furious and attacked in a rage, but the elder came in and helped us, using a Dragonair.

Cameron: Pikachu, use Thunderbolt! Meganium, use Solar Beam!

Elder: Dragonair, use Hyper Beam!

All three attacks nearly took out the poachers. Only one poacher and his Arbok remained!

Poacher: Use Poison Jab!

Arbok aimed a Poison Jab at Meganium!

Cameron: Pikachu, attack it with Iron Tail!

Pikachu clashed her Iron Tail with Arbok's Poison Jab! Pikachu overpowered Arbok and blasted it and its Trainer away with Thunderbolt!

Kingdra escaped the cave in the process!

After a while with my Pokémon resting off the struggle, the elder came to speak to me.

Elder: Cameron, your actions today have proven how much of a good Trainer you are. You came for a test, and you passed with flying colors!

I was overjoyed by the Elder's words! Beat that, Clair!

As if on cue, said woman bursted through the door, expecting me to lose!

Clair: So, do you fail?

I told her the events that led to my passing of the test. Her reaction was priceless!

Clair: This can't be! I won't concede! I'll give you another test, and-

The elder raised his hand to quiet Clair.

Elder: Clair, this young and enigmatic Trainer has passed the test. You now must give him the Rising Badge. Or should I inform Lance?

When he mentioned Lance, Clair heavily tensed up. I didn't know she was this afraid of Lance.

With a defeated sigh, Clair gave me my last Gym badge, the Rising Badge.

After that, she told me something that shocked me to my core!

Cameron: Lance...is your COUSIN??!

Clair: Yes. The reason I tensed at the thought of him coming was that he beat me in a Pokémon battle a long time ago...

Cameron: It's just a battle. You win some, and you lose some! I hope you and Lance can get along someday.

As I rode Pidgeot back to Blackthorn City, I ran into Kingdra.

Cameron: What's wrong?

Kingdra held a Poke Ball in its mouth and shot it to me. It appreciated my help and wanted to come with me!

With an understanding nod, I tossed the Poké Ball and caught Kingdra!

Before I sent out Kingdra, I realized I had seven Pokémon. I needed to get some space in my team.

To the Pokémon Center!

End of Chapter 28