Series 3 Chapter 19: The Desert Spirit!

After an hour of walking, I noticed we were right in the middle of a brutal sandstorm with no proper equipment for the weather.

Once we started getting tired, we camped out. Once I drifted to sleep, I felt as if something stepped inside the tent. Unfortunately, I was too sleepy to investigate.

The next morning was a surprise! I yelled as a Numel sat and stared at me with little interest in moving. It was like this for five minutes until I asked Numel about why he came in the tent.

Once I opened the tent up, Numel followed me, not even going four feet away from me. When I started making a curry, Numel helped stir the fire using a gentle Flamethrower. After finishing the curry, I woke up everyone else and got together to eat. Even Brendan, May and Wally were curious about Numel.

Once we finished eating, we continued through the desert. We ventured around the area and heard the same singing we heard yesterday. It was louder, as if the being singing it was at the foot of our ears.

When I turned...

Cameron: Guys...

Everyone else turned and saw the sandstorm from before directly behind us. Within it, a large Pokémon revealed itself and roared. I quickly accessed my Pokédex to identify it.

Pokédex: Flygon, the Mystic Pokémon. A Ground- and Dragon-type. Flygon is said to dwell within a sandstorm whipped up by its large wings. The wings' vibration develops a sound similar to a woman's singing, which gave it the name, " the Desert Spirit".

This Pokémon lured us here. Flygon, determined to kick us out, one way or another, charged up a Dragon Pulse!

Numel jumped in to fight Flygon, quickly reacting with Flamethrower!

The moves caused an explosion on impact!

Flygon attacked with Dragon Claw!

Numel charged straightforward with Take Down!

Flygon blocked the attack with its wings!

Numel used another Take Down, scoring a critical hit!

Flygon collapsed! Brendan took advantage of the moment and caught Flygon! The catch was successful.

Once Brendan retrieved Flygon's Poke Ball, we wasted no time in leaving the desert, not before discovering two new Pokémon fossils.

After leaving, Numel followed us and was praised by all four of us for the Pokémon's bravery.

I asked Numel if it could join my team. I respected his abilities and strength, and felt that Numel could be a great addition to my team, as well as a friendly ally.

Numel thought it over and agreed, tapping a Poké Ball I put out moments ago. With three vibrations, the catch was complete!

I caught a Numel!

End of Chapter 19