Ch. 34: Before the Finals!

After my battle with Trace, I saw a semifinal battle with Lance up against another Elite Four member, Bruno. His Dragonite was unstoppable, defeating Bruno's Machamp in three single hits!

This time, I'm determined to beat Lance! Our last battle ended in my loss, but this league battle is also a small way to repay Lance for evolving Dragonite.

As I continued training for the finals, some Pokémon League competitors suddenly ran out of the building!

I saw Elaine on her way down, so I caught up with her for some questions!

Cameron: Elaine, what's going on?

Elaine: We heard the Legendary Pokémon Moltres has appeared in Route 2!

Moltres? In Route 2?

Cameron: Awesome! We have to get there first!

I sent out Dragonite!

Cameron: Hop on! Dragonite's a fast flier!

After Elaine got on, Dragonite flew past all the Trainers headed to Route 2. We were halfway there before a Flamethrower from above hit us!

Moltres found us?

The fiery bird looked at us with a mean look in its eyes.

Cameron: Pikachu, help Dragonite!

Pikachu nodded and ran up to Dragonite's head.

Cameron: Dragonite, use Dragon Pulse! Pikachu, use Thunderbolt!

The two Pokémon fired their moves, but Moltres blew them away with Hurricane! Moltres retaliated by charging a Sky Attack!

Cameron: That move will knock us from the sky if it finishes charging!

Dragonite flew up to Moltres!

Cameron: Dragonite, use Hurricane!

Dragonite whipped up a violent wind, trying to make Moltres lose its focus, but it was no use. Once Moltres was done charging, it swooped down and was about to slam Dragonite out of the sky!

We braced for the impact, but Dragonite started flying towards Moltres, enveloping itself into a aura of dragon energy, charging into Moltres at full speed! The impact fazed Moltres! Dragonite learned Dragon Rush!

Moltres was vulnerable!

Cameron: Use Thunder!

Dragonite zapped Moltres with Thunder!

Moltres fled, flying in a limp.

We beat a Legendary Pokémon!

We flew back to the League. After entering the building, I was called for my battle with Lance. As I walked onto the battlefield, Lance waited for me.

Lance: Glad you made it this far. I'm ready to win this league. If you have been training, I fear it wouldn't be enough for a Dragon Master! Let's battle!!

End of Chapter 34