Ch. 20: Moments to Remember!

Cameron: We finally made it! My next badge awaits!

Elaine: Before you run off, how about we explore the Safari Zone.

I have been on cloud nine preparing for my next Gym battle. I might as well chill out.

At the Safari Zone, people were roaming the area. Rare Pokémon everywhere you look. When I sent out Kangaskhan to let her and her baby explore the sights, she began to slow down. I knew something was wrong, so I took Kangaskhan to the Pokémon Center for a check-up. The results were surprising!

Nurse Joy: Your Kangaskhan is getting old. That's why it's beginning to slow down.

Cameron: What should I do?

Nurse Joy: I suggest releasing it to let it raise its baby without nothing to bother it. It's your choice, after all.

Cameron: I want Kangaskhan to relax, but there's a lot happening, so I can at least make a few more memories with Kangaskhan before releasing her.

Nurse Joy: Very well. I hope you know what you're doing.

I exited the Pokémon Center, while Elaine waited by the door.

Elaine: So?

I told Elaine about the news...and she was as shocked as me.

Elaine: So, what now?

Cameron: I'll release Kangaskhan after I get my fifth badge. I'm going to miss her, but at least I can make a good moment out of it.

Elaine: Let's get your mind off the news. We can explore the Safari Zone.

We went to the Safari Zone and saw a lot of wild Pokémon. Most were some that we encountered before. By the time we left town, we stayed at the rooms at the Pokémon Center. Elaine saw my occupied mind and talked with me.

Elaine: You okay?

I replied with only a halfhearted nod.

Elaine: I know you're sad, but you'll still remember the Pokémon you say goodbye to. I know you're a great Trainer, and so do you.

Throughout the entire conversation, Elaine held my hand. By the time we realized what is happening here, we immediately scooted to seperate sides of the bed, completely flustered.

Elaine: Look on the bright side, tomorrow is a new day.

Elaine really went all out to cheer me up. She really is a great friend...

End of Chapter 20