Series 5 Chapter 15: A Dire Dilemma in Driftviel!

We ran over to intervene the conflict! When I pushed the two apart, I noticed that the grunt was wearing a different outfit.

???: Take it from his kid! I'm not one of them!

Hugh: Then what's with the getup?

???: If you all want to know, come with me.

Hugh quietly refused and left, while we reluctantly followed. The grunt led us to a mansion, and in it were other grunts, watching over numerous Pokémon.

Then, a man in a flashy cloak noticed us. He walked over to introduce himself.

Rood: Hello. I am Rood. I am the owner of this mansion.

Trace: Nice to meet you, but...

Rood: Oh. I see. Let me explain. All of these people have defected from Team Plasma after our leader stepped down. However, an "old friend" of mine refused to give up. Some chose to side with our leader, while others chose the bad side.

Cameron: What about your leader? What makes him important in this scenario?

Rood: Our leader, N, has the ability to understand Pokémon. He has had that ability as a young child.

Trace: He can speak to Pokémon? Cool...

Cameron: I believe we are convinced enough! Do you mind if we stay for a while?

Rood: Of course! As long as one of you three could do a favor for me.

Cameron: What would that be?

Rood called a Pokémon over.

Pokédex: Zorua, the Tricky Fox Pokémon. A Dark-type. Zorua has the ability to transform into people or Pokémon using illusions. It uses this power to protect itself.

Zorua looked at us curiously.

Rood: This Zorua belonged to N. It would be great for it if one of you could watch over him.

Cameron: Really?

Rood: Yes!

Before me or Trace could offer, Rosa stepped up to watch over Zorua.

Zorua wagged her tail in excitement.

Rood: Would you want to take Zorua?

Rosa nodded.

Rood: Then take good care of him! Here is his Poké Ball.

Rood gave Rosa Zorua's Poké Ball. Zorua then ran over and cuddled Rosa. She giggled as the Pokémon rubbed its face with hers.

Rood: Thank you. Zorua might have a bright future with you all. In fact, why don't you stay for a while?

Cameron: As a matter of fact, we shall.

As we settled into the mansion, we met N's sisters. They helped Trainers practice for the Driftviel's Gym Leader. They let me train at a battlefield in the backyard. As I trained with Oshawott and Drilbur...

Trace: Hey, Cameron!

Cameron: What's up?

Trace: How about a battle? For old time's sake? I'm wanting to train more as well.

Cameron: I don't mind. How about two-on-two?

Trace: I accept those terms.

Trace kicked off the battle by sending out his Jolteon! I sent out Drilbur to oppose it!

Trace: Good choice! Let's see if it'll get you somewhere! Use Quick Attack!

Jolteon easily scored the first attack with Quick Attack!