Series 2 Chapter 2: The Battle at Route 29!

Pikachu and I were playing tag, and as we were heading down Route 29, I noticed a young boy battling a wild Hoothoot. He had a Cyndaquil. I witnessed the entire battle from a safe distance, and the boy caught his Hoothoot with ease!

When he turned, he saw me.

Boy: Hey!

I awkwardly waved at him in return.

Boy: Who are you?

Cameron: My name's Cameron. These are my Pokémon: Pikachu, Dragonite and Chikorita.

All three Pokémon waved at the boy excitedly.

Ethan: Nice to meet you. Name's Ethan, and this is my partner Cyndaquil!

The Cyndaquil waved.

Ethan: What brings you here?

Cameron: I came to the Johto region from Kanto. I was looking for some adventure and decided to come here.

Ethan: That is cool. Say, how about a battle? I heard from home that a skilled Trainer has come to Johto. I'm excited to see how this Trainer will battle.

Cameron: Cool. I accept!

And so, Ethan and I used our Johto starters for the battle.

Cameron: Ready, Chikorita?

The Grass-type nodded in approval!

Ethan: Cyndaquil, use Tackle!

Cyndaquil charged forward to tackle Chikorita!

Cameron: Use Tackle as well!

Chikorita bravely tackled Cyndaquil, surprising the Fire Mouse Pokémon!

Cameron: Use Poison Powder!

Chikorita waved a poisonous spore from its leaf, poisoning Cyndaquil!

Cameron: Finish it with Razor Leaf!

Chikorita defeated Cyndaquil with Razor Leaf!

Ethan was impressed and amazed.

Ethan: You are that Trainer! Cameron, you are something else!

Cameron: Ha, ha, don't flatter me. I'm just like any common Trainer.

Ethan: I feel like joining you in your journey. I'm not interested in challenging Gyms or anything, so I'm free for anything.

I agreed to let Ethan travel along as we made our way farther down Route 29. We battled tons of Johto Pokémon and saw new sights.

As we reached Cherrygrove City, we saw a seaside beach where we could relax. Ethan and I had a great time since!

I hope my adventure in Johto gets better and better!

End of Chapter 2